Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mississauga & Vegreville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mississauga & Vegreville
    Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 4:52pm
There's something I don't understand about the in-Canada applications. The initial decision about the sponsor's eligibility is made at Mississauga, if I understand correctly (and this takes a month or two). But the whole application is sent to Vegreville... so do they send the application to Mississauga and then Mississauga sends it back so Vegreville can process the rest of the application? How does it work?

Or have I completely misunderstood and it's all processed at Vegreville, and you don't hear anything at all for 8-9 months, about sponsor eligibility or otherwise?

Edited by abstractioness - 29 Sep 2010 at 5:05pm
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011
jawedkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jawedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:12pm
thats right Mississauga to Vegreville and then process  the entire application and then wait and be patient.  good luck
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:15pm
The entire inland application is processed via Vegreville. (well of course assuming it does not get transferred to a local office without AIP). It's not sent to Mississuaga at all. The sponsorship eligibility for inland apps is done in Vegreville. You are getting it confused with outland apps. The entire application is sent to Mississuaga... then the sponsor eligibility is done there and after that... the other part of the application is processed via the visa office (outland).

Edited by jamaisomal - 29 Sep 2010 at 5:16pm
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:14pm
Okay, so where is the processing time for the sponsorship portion in Vegreville? Because they only give times for sponsorships in Mississauga, and the Vegreville time listed is for AIP, not the sponsorship portion. And when can I check my E-CAS for the in-Canada application, if I can't go by the Mississauga timeline?
INLAND
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

You won't be able to log onto e-cas for at least 3 mths after you sent the app. Do you already have your client ID #? They usually open the app about 2 and a half mths after receipt (I'm just going by my timeline and a few other inland applicants).
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:30pm
See, the page linked above is why I find it confusing -- Vegreville only lists AIP timeline, not for anything else like the sponsorship portion, whereas Mississauga shows you when they start processing applications received.

I do have a Client ID#, from my work permit. So you just keep checking every month to see if you can log on?

Any idea how long it takes Vegreville to approve sponsorship for in-Canada applications? Mississauga takes 38 days but I suppose the in-Canada takes a lot longer...
INLAND
BlueDragon17846 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDragon17846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by abstractioness abstractioness wrote:

See, the page linked above is why I find it confusing -- Vegreville only lists AIP timeline, not for anything else like the sponsorship portion, whereas Mississauga shows you when they start processing applications received.

I do have a Client ID#, from my work permit. So you just keep checking every month to see if you can log on?

Any idea how long it takes Vegreville to approve sponsorship for in-Canada applications? Mississauga takes 38 days but I suppose the in-Canada takes a lot longer...

It sounds like you are still confused between inland and outland apps.  For outland apps, the application goes to Mississauga, where the sponsor app gets processed.  Then it goes to a visa office abroad.  This is only for outland apps.

You mentioned that your app is inland.  That means that you send your app to Vegreville and everything, sponsorship and your applicant info, everything, gets processed in Vegreville.  Mississauga has nothing to do with it at all.  With inland apps, the whole application gets processed together.  Unlike the way Mississauga processes outland apps, Vegreville does not divide out sponsorship from the rest.

You only look at the Vegreville timeline for inland apps.  You do not look at the Mississauga timeline at all.  The Vegreville timeline will estimate how long it will take before you hear anything from them (so if you just sent it off, don't hold your breath expecting to hear anything for about 8-9 months)

Your client ID from your work permit will work in ecas roughly 2-3 months after it was received at Vegreville.  You could try looking around on the forum to see someone who has applied inland around the same time as you.  Chances are, if someone right before you can log on, you should be able to log on soon after.

****INLAND****
App sent: 11 Dec 2009
App recv'd: 14 Dec 2009
App started processing: 1 Mar 2010
AIP: 13 Sept 2010
Fingerprints Requested for RCMP: 4 March 2011
LANDED!!: 12 May 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 11:46pm
I understand now that it doesn't go to Mississauga at all, but I was still unclear on whether Vegreville separated out the sponsorship eligibility section. I think I understand now...

... So we won't get any separate information/any letter about sponsorship approval before we get AIP, at any point? It'll just be "In Process" and then "Decision Made"? (unless, obviously, we get a request for more documents or our file gets transferred to a local office).

Thanks, by the way, bluedragon -- your reply was really helpful. And congrats on your AIP!

Edited by abstractioness - 29 Sep 2010 at 11:58pm
INLAND
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 1:01am
Vegreville does not separate the sponsorship application time line from the AIP timeline. That's because, for an inland app, they're processed at the same time.

IO opens the application, processes the sponsorship, and then (assuming the sponsorship is approved) processes the first stage of the PR app and decides whether or not to grant AIP. That all happens the same day.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:30am
your application is either inland or outland..
the best way to get to grips with this is really study one stream properly and then the other...

mixing it will create great confusion
some one requested me to post topics about the two so I recently posted two topics separately to explain the two processes...you may find that useful..
cpc m is outland
vegreville is the inland
hope this helps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic