Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor Visa for Spouse and Kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akinmike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor Visa for Spouse and Kids
    Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:04am

I am a Canadian citizen working and living in the US on H1B for the next three years. My wife and kids just joined me from Africa about 6 months ago. I have not filed for their permanent resident in Canada yet. We are planning to travel to Canada for the Christmas holidays. I have applied for visitor visa for them in the US. Is this the right thing to do as a Canadian Citizen? Will they query their application for not applying for permanent resident?

Please advice
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by akinmike1 akinmike1 wrote:

Is this the right thing to do as a Canadian Citizen? Will they query their application for not applying for permanent resident?

Please advice

Your kids are Canadian citizens (if you are a natural born Canadian citizen or got naturalized before they were born), but you would have to apply for a "proof of citizenship" for them. Your wife though needs a visitor visa to be able to enter Canada. But since you had already applied for their visitor visa, then it is fait accompli. You just wait for the result of your application. I don't think the visa officer will be questioning your rationale. It is your prerogative to apply for a PR for them now or later and visit visa for now.
akinmike1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akinmike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:38am

Thank you. I am still waiting for the outcome of the application. It is now over three week that the application was submitted.

akinmike1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akinmike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 7:50am
Thanks All. I got a 2 yr multiple wisa for my family.it takes only 15 days to process via post.

By next year I will file thier PR.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 9:06am
Originally posted by akinmike1 akinmike1 wrote:

Thanks All. I got a 2 yr multiple wisa for my family.it takes only 15 days to process via post.

By next year I will file thier PR.

Greattttt!!!! Congratulations
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:38am
Happy new year to all in advance.
Congratulations akinmike1
rizkhan123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizkhan123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 11:42pm

Dear Friends

Can anybody help me answering these questions for a friend of mine:

1. Three persons are applying for Canadian Visit visa - Mother, Son-1(under 18) and the other Son-           2 (above 18 but less than 22).

Son-1 is dependant and under 18.

Son-2 is also dependant and ages between 18 and 22.

a.   Will a different form be used for Son-2  ?

b.   Will husband's particulards be included in the FORM who is not applying for the visa.

c.    Will a permission letter from husband be required    ?

d.    Will a permission letter be required for children from the Father    ?

b.  Further, the Son-2 will be applying with the family but will be flying after few days of his other     and brother.

In this situation are there any specific requirements of FORMS ?  Will there be any problem at Port of Entry if he travels alone (i.e. without mother) ?

I expect an urgent reply.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Edited by rizkhan123 - 12 Jan 2010 at 11:45pm
Rizwan Khan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic