Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport seized, how long to return it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport seized, how long to return it?
    Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 9:50am
Unfortunately, I can't find the fax sheet I prepared to CBSA requesting that they return to us the passport of my husband.  However I do remember that I just used a general fax number which I got from one of the forms they had given my husband in one of his appointments and to the attention of a staff whom my husband dealt with in the past. 

Several weeks later, we received a letter from CBSA stating that they will forward the passport to the Scarborough CIC office where my husband was going to "land".  I faxed the CBSA letter to Scarborough and copied CBSA on that fax as well.  CIC is aware since that time is of the essence so although we did not hear back from Scarborough right away, they made sure there was enough time for us to get it in time for his landing. (My husband's passport expired so CIC made sure it that they give it to back to us factoring in the processing time for passport renewal).

The key is to follow-up with CIC call centre and CBSA to ensure it does not lost in mounds of paper.  Space out your follow-up calls and faxes.

Good luck 1212 and Nevergiveup.
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:33pm
Hello 1212,
Please let us know if you did get your passport back and how you did to get. I'm having the same issue and just don't know who to write to. CBSA or GTEC.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year.
1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 7:37pm
Embarrassed
1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by mfeq mfeq wrote:

Congratulations.  My husband went through the same thing.  But we took care of the retrieval of the passport by requesting it from CBSA and in turn they forwarded it to CIC Scarborough and the passport was released by hand delivery to my husband, that is my husband attending the Scarborough office.

Very happy to hear good news in this forum these days.  Congratulations!!!
hi mfeq,
hot long it takes? the IO said she will take care of it.
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 3:20pm
Congratulations.  My husband went through the same thing.  But we took care of the retrieval of the passport by requesting it from CBSA and in turn they forwarded it to CIC Scarborough and the passport was released by hand delivery to my husband, that is my husband attending the Scarborough office.

Very happy to hear good news in this forum these days.  Congratulations!!!
1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by WorriedMex WorriedMex wrote:

Well, that was the process that I followed, because of my lawyer's advice; according to him, the passport was to be recovered by myself from CBSA Airport Road for my landing.   He told me that eventhough they can see everything on the computer screen, they don't make arrangements to transfer your passport to your landing office, and that to avoid any risks or second appointments, it was better for me to go and get it directly from them, and so that's what I did.

Any how... YOU ARE CLOSER THAN MANY HERE AROUND Wink!
thank you, thank you very muchSmile
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:12am
Well, that was the process that I followed, because of my lawyer's advice; according to him, the passport was to be recovered by myself from CBSA Airport Road for my landing.   He told me that eventhough they can see everything on the computer screen, they don't make arrangements to transfer your passport to your landing office, and that to avoid any risks or second appointments, it was better for me to go and get it directly from them, and so that's what I did.

Any how... YOU ARE CLOSER THAN MANY HERE AROUND Wink!
One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by WorriedMex WorriedMex wrote:

Call this number (905) 405-3500 to confirm that your passport is at 6900 Airport Rd, take your refugee file, the Notice of Seizure and THE LETTER FROM IMMIGRATION Re: SPONSORSHIP requesting for your passport for your landing, show it to the receptionist and they will make arrangements for you to meet with an officer, who will give you back your passport on that same day, after signing documents that you got it back from them.

CONGRATULATIONS Clap!!! I know that feeling.
thank you ,
the IO who contact me for DM said they will look after all, JUST LET ME WAIT...........
Ahh......what can i do....time just goes so slowly....so slowlyConfused
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 2:53pm
Call this number (905) 405-3500 to confirm that your passport is at 6900 Airport Rd, take your refugee file, the Notice of Seizure and THE LETTER FROM IMMIGRATION Re: SPONSORSHIP requesting for your passport for your landing, show it to the receptionist and they will make arrangements for you to meet with an officer, who will give you back your passport on that same day, after signing documents that you got it back from them.

CONGRATULATIONS Clap!!! I know that feeling.
One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:58pm
I am sorry to hear your Passport has been Seized..must have felt like a very long 3 years..I hope your happy ending comes soon Smile
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic