Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SYDNEY timeline???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SYDNEY timeline???
    Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 7:18pm

i'm looking for a timeline for sydney forum... anyone who can help? thanks.

adab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 2:16am
bump
Tassiedevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassiedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:00pm
Hello members
I am Australian Citizen and will be applying PR Application Outbound living in Canada before end of 2010. Sydney will be processing my Application...Can you give me any advice to how long this office may take..approx...?
Also will I require to have my fingerprints taken in Aust..prior to my departure...RE State and national police checks...And then also have another set taken for my Application package Outbound Canada..?

One more question....My Canadian fiancee and I will be getting married...His Cousin is a Pastor Pentacostal..we would love him to perform the ceremony for us. Would this be a problem regarding immigration...as he is a relative...

Thank you for any advice here...
Ariel..
mahmed17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahmed17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:19pm
If you look on this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp it shows that sydney office takes between 3-8 months on average for the application to be processed and the visa to be issued
Sponsoring husband
CHC-ISB Sept 12th 2009
Docs requested April 26th 2010
Re-PCC/imm forms- March 17th 2011
Remedical- April 4th 2011
PPR- June 3rd 2011
Passport with visa- June 29th 2011
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:24pm
Sydney timeline is here.

Tassiedevil: You will need to submit, with the outland application, criminal clearances for every country that you have lived in for more than 6 months since age 18, but the clearances must not be more than 3 months old when you submit the application.  So the timing of getting the clearances is important.  What I did was get my fingerprints taken before I left home, and then mailing them to get my clearances when it got closer to when we were going to submit the application.  It just sorta depends on your situation and whether the law enforcement agency that will do your clearance will mail results to Canada.  Not sure what you mean by having another set taken for your outland application????

Also, it doesn't matter that a relative officiates at your weddings as long as they are licenced to officiate, and the marriage is legal. 

Edited by RobsLuv - 17 Oct 2010 at 7:25pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
Tassiedevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassiedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 9:33am
Robsluv,,
Thank you...I was unsure of the proceedure Re Fingerprinting for clearances....When i was visiting Canada March 2010...Call Centre said i could do fingerprinting in Canada....so as i have been reading lots on this Forum...I then got unsure whether they actually gave me the fingerprint chart etc...and whether i then sent the fingerprints with my request for the Police national clearances...I thought that maybe Immigration would not allow us to have them in hand due to some people tampering with them...
So you are saying i can get them done here in Aus,,now.take them to Canada with me..and then add them to my request for clearances..and they will send the fingerprints back to me with the clearance report ????
I have a clean record....
Thank you for your replies Robsluv...as I read everything I can to educate myself before sending in....but this was bugging me as I know that timing is the essence....
Thanks again..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic