Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CAS Q

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAS Q
    Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 8:48pm
How do you know when they've received your application if you can't check your application status until they've begun processing your application? On the FAQ they say not to call the Call Centre.

I ask because my FBI certificate expires Oct. 8 and we're sending it priority tomorrow morning, but I want to make absolutely sure that it's "received" by Oct. 8 so that the certificate is still valid.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:03pm
Get delivery confirmation from Canada post. You can track it and see when it gets received.
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:21pm
True.

That leads to another question -- if any of you have sent priority, did you use the signature option? I'm not sure if that would complicate things or not, depending on how they accept applications on their end, because it could result in "attempted delivery" because no-one was there to sign.

Any recommendation?
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:50pm
I had it signed for no problem. Seems they have people there to accept what you send or a post office worker signs for it before sticking it in a box

Edited by audball - 21 Sep 2010 at 9:50pm
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:33pm
IF the address is a P O BOx , non personal address, it should not be sent SIGNATURE REQD UPON DELIVERY...

FOR IMM YOU can send TRACKING ...THATS SUFFICIENT
THE RECEIPT that post office gives you has a tracking number on it
and infact the post office personnel explains this...how to track your item..
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 12:11am
you can send it signature to a PO box.

The item will be held as a parcel by postal workers and a slip will be put in the PO box notifying the owner/person who picks up to go to the front desk. When they check the box and get the slip, they'll go to the desk and sign for the item and be on their way.

Just asked my husband, he works for canada post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 10:48am
Yeah, I've had bad experiences with Canada Post where the item was never actually listed as "delivered" even after it was, etc. So I was hoping there was another way to track it. But I sent it and everything was fine, got the signature and delivery confirmation.

Application sent and received... now the wait!
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:44pm
audball
i never said you CANT
i am saying that the PO themselves advice you THAT IT IS NOT generally advisable to send signature reqd when there is PO box involved.

you can do a lot of things but it does not mean that it is advisable and good...

IT WAS THE PO WHO SAID THAT TO ME...so I am speaking from personal evidence from the real authority and genuine evidence from the source.

it is not my opinion..
YOU CAN VERIFY THIS YOURSELF. EASY.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:04am
Well, Vegreville isn't a P.O. box so it doesn't matter anyway...
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:19am
abstractioness
my friend

vegreville is not PO Box address
I have extended my visitors visa twice so I know what you say.

and i am not SPECIFICALLY refering to vegreville. YOU ARE
however i think we both agree on basics

Have a nice day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic