Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You know what helps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know what helps?
    Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 7:45pm
I'm sure this happens to us all, but after submitting our outland application for PR, there are some days where I'll have a flash of some extra piece of evidence I should have included.. or some piece of information I should of presented more clearly or perhaps omitted entirely. Throughout the rest of the day, these thoughts keep intruding, I feel my heart rate go up & then, because I've nothing much else to do, I sit here in a fog wondering what I can do to feel better.

My latest obsession is this: For a portion of the chat-logs I included, we were using Pidgin. These logs saved in such a way that I had to open each of the files individually thru internet explorer to make them print-able. Now, something about them has been nagging at me so I took a look at them this morning and it looks like a lot of long sentences get cut off because *for some reason* they are formatted to be very wide and the text stretches beyond the margins of the paper.

This is enough to make me obsess, so like I said, I've been looking for ways to satisfy my brain without being able to physically fix what I sent.

I decided to read what my husband wrote for his account of our relationship, which we included in the package. Reading through it was a comfort and made me realize that perhaps the things that were done right in our application, were done right enough to make a difference for the positive... We were in such a rush at the time to get the package out that I hadn't yet absorbed what he'd written and the way he put things was very, very sweet.

So I guess what I'm saying is that, out of all the things I've tried to take myself out of panic-mode, just re-reading some of the bits of evidence, if you have them, may be enough to soothe an otherwise insatiable need to know things might be all right despite a few perceived mistakes. The panics I get into sometimes can be downright paralyzing.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 7:49pm
its gone
whats done is done
dont worry
a bit more evidence to prove your relationship is not a major substantial diffrence to your application
judging from what you say you may have sent enough anyway.
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 8:45pm
It's true - the important thing about all of this . . . bureaucrats aside . . . is our love for one another.  CIC may see lots of "fraud" relationships - but that doesn't mean that all of us are frauds and, if nothing else, being put through something like this when you are genuine only strengthens the relationship AND the determination to do whatever it takes to have a life together.  All the best to you - don't worry.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:13pm
We got through doubts okay because I knew that my husband and I would do whatever we needed to be together. We knew we'd sacrifice anything to reach our goal. We had already financially prepared for interview expenses and him being the sole supporter while things processed. It helped so much to be able to live together while everything happened, I am so thankful we were that financially and otherwise fortunate. As a formerly long distance couple, I feel horrible for those separated.

And I knew we'd never give up to be together. We love Canada, but would have moved to the US(I'm American) if Canadian immigration failed.

In the end, everything went quickly and smoothly and our commitment and genuineness won them over. We were really lucky. :)
francohoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francohoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:16pm
I like positive threads. They keep my spirits up! I've also been frazzled and worrying to the point where I don't get much else done, and it helps to sit back a minute and listen to my husband. He's been my voice of encouragement and comfort. He always tells me I'm fretting too much for no reason, and as much as I don't like to admit it, he's right. 

Just the other day I was extremely on-edge because I had to go back to customs to change my status to temporary worker, and the last time I was at customs, I was refused once, then hassled a second time just trying to enter as a visitor (and I'm an American for the record, so it's not like I needed a visa or anything)!! 

I was preparing myself for another nightmare, but i was pleasently surprised this time! Each officer I spoke with was very courteous, the procedure was quick, and I walked out with a 1-year open work permit (when I was only supposed to get 6 months!! :D). No questions asked!

So now as I piece together my immigration app and play the waiting game, I'll try to remember the GOOD experience I had with customs, and how wonderful my husband is for supporting me through it all.

It's been a major help just to be on this forum with others in similar situations, so I hope we can all benefit from reading one another's positive experiences and worry-free strategies!
1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App rec'vd
3/10/11: Decision made, sent to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/24/11: Buffalo rec'vd
4/5/11: CSQ issued
7/13/11: AOR (forced after inquiry)
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:24pm
I haven't looked at my application since I got back from the Post Office and put the photocopy of the entire thing bundled together into a box that went in the back of the closet. I want nothing to do with it! Every once in a while I will come across a post here about missing this or that, and I have a slight freak out saying "Did I send that?" But in the end I know I did. If I am ever stressing about this process I text my husband or call him if he's not at work. He reminds me that its all OK and we will be together soon. I am fortunate enough that we only live 3 hours apart so I can drive up on see him once to twice a month! :) 
This process has made up closer as a couple, because most couples don't this. Its stressful and takes it toll, but at the same time most of us couples are separated so we have to talk everything out, not kiss and make up!
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:33pm
I agree, Megen.

Long distance couples can't get distracted by physical things around them when upset and disagreeing.

I think my husband and I are a more successful couple than some older ones who have been together longer. This is really all due to being long distance for so long. We learned to rely on communicating openly and honestly to resolve issues instead of cuddling and doing something to distract from the issue instead of resolving it.

Now we still communicate instead of just going out to have fun and be distracted when we have problems. It works wonders and we have better conflict resolution skills than any couple we know. :) I think the distance was a good thing for us in the end, though it sucked at the time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic