Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Business / Investor Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conditions for Entrepreneur

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditions for Entrepreneur
    Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 6:53pm
Hi,
Does anyone know how to satisfy the 3 conditions for an entrepreneur who becomes a permanent residence.  My concern is the second condition, can the government be more specific.
(eg) Does it measure in hours per week or number of weeks in a year?
a. the entrepreneur must control a percentage of the equity of a qualifying Canadian business equal to or greater than 33.3%;
b. the entrepreneur must provide active and on-going management of the qualifying Canadian business; and
c. the entrepreneur must create at least one incremental full-time job equivalent in the qualifying Canadian business for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, other than the entrepreneur and their family members.
Thanks,
Kinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 6:19am
Has anyone used this website http://www.askanimmigrtationconsultant.com I am thinking about using them but not sure if it's any good or just a scam.
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:44pm
Once you are a PR and want to start your own consulting or contracting business, you may find this link helpful:

ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 9:31pm
The website you provided doesn't seem like a working one. I've not come across it before, so I don't have an opinion.

What are you looking for specifically? Immigration.ca (guys who own this forum) are legitimate and you can check 'em out at http://www.immigration.ca/index2.asp

Originally posted by Kinda Kinda wrote:

Has anyone used this website http://www.askanimmigrtationconsultant.com I am thinking about using them but not sure if it's any good or just a scam.
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 9:38pm
Go to www.careego.com and under the Career Resources tab there is a section on Immigration and job search.

Hope it helps!
Kinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 9:32am
Sorry, I got the spelling in the address wrong. This address http://www.askanimmigrationconsultant.com/ does work.

I will the site you suggested as well. Thanks a lot!
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:40pm
Sorry for the delayed response -- it's been a hectic past few weeks. I did manage to check the website you provided. It looks like a new venture or website to me.

There is not much information about them, their services, etc. Looks like they're in the process of building it (a lot of "coming soon" stuff), so it's difficult to give an opinion with regards to their credibility.

Originally posted by Kinda Kinda wrote:

Sorry, I got the spelling in the address wrong. This address http://www.askanimmigrationconsultant.com/ does work.

I will the site you suggested as well. Thanks a lot!
Mana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 2:37pm

Hi,

I just want to know if an entrepreneur of Winnipeg is obliged to stay in Winnipeg and open up a business there for 2 years to give back the amount of CND 75,000 or it is possible to stay in any other places such as Toronto.

Meantime, if someone ignores the return of paid CND 75,000 should he have a trip to Winnipeg and stay there for a couple of month or he could go directly to any other cities such as Toronto.

I do appreciate if you could let me have your comments in this respect a.s.a.p.

Thanks,

liomath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liomath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Noodle Noodle wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone know how to satisfy the 3 conditions for an entrepreneur who becomes a permanent residence.  My concern is the second condition, can the government be more specific.
(eg) Does it measure in hours per week or number of weeks in a year?
a. the entrepreneur must control a percentage of the equity of a qualifying Canadian business equal to or greater than 33.3%;
b. the entrepreneur must provide active and on-going management of the qualifying Canadian business; and
c. the entrepreneur must create at least one incremental full-time job equivalent in the qualifying Canadian business for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, other than the entrepreneur and their family members.
Thanks,

It means that you have to run the business.
Canada8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 3:19pm
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I thought it would be better to keep all related questions in the same thread.

A qualifying Canadian business is one which is operated in Canada by the entrepreneur – other than a business primarily for the purpose of deriving investment income, such as interest, dividends or capital gains – which demonstrates two of the following in a given year:
• the percentage of equity controlled by you and your spouse or common law partner multiplied by the number of full-time job equivalents is equal to or greater than two
• the percentage of equity controlled by you and your spouse or common law partner multiplied by the total annual sales is equal to or greater than $250,000
• the percentage of equity controlled by you and your spouse or common law partner multiplied by the net income in the year is equal to or greater than $25,000
• the percentage of equity controlled by you and your spouse or common law partner multiplied by the net assets at the end of the year is equal to or greater than $125,000

Since it says that we only need to meet 2 conditions out of the 4, does that mean that we can start say a Trucking Business, hire a couple of full time drivers, and make $25k a year and meet the conditions? I'm also concerned about the investment. Can it be money borrowed from a relative to start the business? I'm asking because our businesses in the US haven't been sold yet and we don't want to run out of time here in Canada.

We're going for the 2 employees and $25k net income conditions. I think those would be easiest for us to meet. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic