Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Address/employment history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Address/employment history
    Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:32am
On your background declaration where you give your addresses and employment history, if you had overlapping employment or overlapping addresses (eg I had a university address and a permanent home address), how did you deal with it?

I've just written them both and wrote "overlap" with an explanation in the margin... do you think that's okay?

Last minute proofreading and then we're sending it!!!
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 1:31pm
that appears on schedule 1 q 11 and q 15

it should be ok that you have provided an explanantion / further notes.

I submitted these things with no gaps but not written in a chronological orderly manner and so they requested me to submit again...causing my case to be delayed by a bit

so take time to make sure that it is in perfect chronological order..
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 3:24pm
They're written chronologically, it's just that some of the times overlap, e.g.

08/2008-08/2009 Address X
08/2008-06/2009 Address Y

And in the lefthand margin I bracketed them and wrote "perm. home & university (overlap)"

Still waiting for that UK certificate... the Royal Mail got it to Canada in a day and a half, but it was stuck 3 days in customs (despite just being lettermail) and Canada Post is taking another 4 working days to get here. My FBI certificate expires Oct. 7 so I'm getting restless, but everything is done, just gotta slip in the UK certificate... argh. Canada Post is terrible!
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 6:19pm
yes I think you will be ok with the overlaps
because you are clearly including explanation and additional note about it..

if you dont explain properly then you will get a request as follows....

Before I can proceed with your application, you must submit ..........edited........................

*    Complete Question 11 of schedule 01 form( Personal history ) since your 18th birthday

*    Complete Question 15 of schedule 01 form( Address history ) since your 18th birthday

Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your file will be closed. Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. If you fail to provide the requested items within the time period specified, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. On all correspondence sent to the High Commission, please quote your file number on the letter and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope.

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

Sincerely,

High Commission of Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic