Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change in processing times?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change in processing times?
    Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:25pm
Hi all,
A buddy of mine who applied for citizenship in March 2010 should have received an acknowledgement by now. He didn't so he called CIC in Sidney. What he heard surprised him and now I'm worried - I applied in May 2010.

The rep basically told him that it NOW takes them 8 months to even open your application and it will take another 14 months after that for the entire process to complete. Basically 22 months in total. The rep mentioned that it will now take a minimum of 2 years for the entire process.

The rep attributed this to an excessive load of past renewals, and that they are processing December applications right now.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:19am
Check the processing times on CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

optimus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:23am
I dont see anything new here. I sent my application in April 2009 and my file was transferred to Calgary in December 2009. This means 8 months to open file and transfer it to concerned center. Sydney normally doesn't do detailed checks nor they get into scheduling exam or oath so it all boils down to where your file is going. If its some center like Vancouver Victoria or Scarborough you will get it done really quick , if its something like Calgary it can take forever.

Originally posted by rickards rickards wrote:

Hi all,
A buddy of mine who applied for citizenship in March 2010 should have received an acknowledgement by now. He didn't so he called CIC in Sidney. What he heard surprised him and now I'm worried - I applied in May 2010.

The rep basically told him that it NOW takes them 8 months to even open your application and it will take another 14 months after that for the entire process to complete. Basically 22 months in total. The rep mentioned that it will now take a minimum of 2 years for the entire process.

The rep attributed this to an excessive load of past renewals, and that they are processing December applications right now.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?
Finally Canadian Citizen , yahoooooooo
mohammedessam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:59pm
Don't worry I sent my application on mid feb and 5 days ago the status of my application has changed to received
Your friend application should change to received in less than a month
Good luck
rickards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 1:31pm
Thanks! But for some reason I thought received meant the day the courier confirmed receipt? So you went online and could see an e-cas file? Kindly elaborate ...
TP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 1:48pm
No, you could see e-cas file only after they start processing your application. 
johnathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:12pm
New timelines
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp
Horsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic