Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edmonton application, test, oath, schedules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 888990
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:29am
There is only one oath ceremony scheduled for the rest of the month in Edmonton. A friend of mine who wrote the test on Jan 19th is waiting as well.

Ours is Feb 05 and no news.
vsjaideep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vsjaideep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 1:29pm
New oath ceremony dates are announced. Do we have any luck bunch.
vsjaideep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vsjaideep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 1:37pm
Were you invited for the oath?
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 6:44pm
Yeah the dates were announced last night but still no news.

Originally posted by vsjaideep vsjaideep wrote:

New oath ceremony dates are announced. Do we have any luck bunch.
vsjaideep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vsjaideep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 3:25pm
I received oath letter today in mail for 30th March and my test date was 20th Jan 2015. Good luck everyone.
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 2:56pm
Couple of my friends who wrote test on Jan 19, 20 and 22nd all received their Oath invitation for Mar 30th.

Originally posted by vsjaideep vsjaideep wrote:

I received oath letter today in mail for 30th March and my test date was 20th Jan 2015. Good luck everyone.
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:44pm
Well I guess its our turn now.

Just found out from Call Center that we have been scheduled for Oath on Apr 30th at 8:15 am for the Oath in Edmonton. Here is the timeline

Applied Nov 25 2013
In process Feb 17 2014
Test Feb 05 2015
Oath Apr 30 2015

I was told the letter for invite was sent out yesterday. No updates in eCAS yet.
Power View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 8:30pm
Hello Everyone,

Today my spouse and I completed the citizenship test at the CIC Edmonton Office.

Citizenship Test

The test itself was pretty straight forward. We both received scores of 19/20. It took me less that 15 mins to complete. However, a few people in the room were done within 5 mins. I did a double and triple checking of answers.

Our preparation for the test was simply reading the entire Discover Canada publication and doing free online practice tests. 

The Richmond Public Library's practice test is a good resource. We recognized a few of their questions on the real test. Their website is: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Interview

After the test we were ushered into the lobby to wait until our names were called. When our names were called, we re-entered the test room to wait on the interviewer. There were 3 stations set up for interviews today.

Our interviewer was very welcoming and friendly.

** Please ensure your travel dates out of Canada during the qualifying period is documented and verifiable. The officers meticulously checked our passports to verify this information. 

We were also asked questions about work history and how we supported ourselves during the last 4 years. The interviewer had the applications we originally submitted to CIC, so many of the original documents we brought with us (NOAs, T4s, job letters) were not requested for scrutiny.

The documents checked during the session: Passports, IMM5292s, PR cards, Drivers Licenses & Healthcare cards.

After the interview, the interviewer informed us that we would receive our oath invitations in the mail for ceremonies that take place 2-4 months from now.

That's all for now.

Kind Regards,
Power
Citizenship Application
App rec'vd: Sep 26, 2014
AOR: Nov 21, 2014
App review start: Dec 10, 2014
Test invi rec'd: Jul 2 2015
Test date: Jul 23, 2015
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 888990
  Share Topic