Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edmonton application, test, oath, schedules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayaz99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edmonton application, test, oath, schedules
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:47pm
Just thought to start this thread in the new forum, so that we Edmontonian can keep it evergreen and share the status of our citizenship applicatons.
Goodluck all.
afroman07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afroman07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:24pm
So,where is everyone..?Have all other applicants got their oaths already:)?
I hope everyone joins in the new forum to get their updates..

I did my test on 19th Nov., and waiting now for any update ..
rnmnhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnmnhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:22pm

My test was at 1 p.m.  I reached there at 12:45. Around 1‘o clock one gentleman who was looking Indian announced the names of three men and one woman for interview because they were old and received letter for interview instead of written test. Then he announced that rest of the people make a line and hold invitation letter, PR card/landing papers, all new and old passport plus two Provincial IDs like driving license and health card.

There were two counters, and two ladies one young lady from Middle East and other middle aged Caucasian were checking the invitation letter and IDs. They have all files behind the counters. These were very nice and friendly. The lady in front of me did not have two provincial IDS. They told her that we are allowing you to take the test but we will hold your file until we will receive the two provincial IDs.

At my turn, she checked my passport, asked about my job and travel history out of Canada. She checked my passport, especially, she looked at immigration visa. I told her that currently I am not working and looking for a job. She said that hopefully you will get job soon and do not forget to bring PR card and original landing papers at the time of oath.

There were almost 60-80 people who were taking test and about 5-7 people received RQ because they travelled lot and have many passports. One received RQ because when he applied his case he was living in Saskatchewan …not sure about his true story….but when he asked that how much time it will take after submitting the document she replied that up to 48 months…I heard this from some distance but she repeated 48 months twice. Eeven then I am not 100% sure about 48 months ....that guy received RQ before he took the test but there were a few other people inline after test that were asked to see the citizenship officer after the test.  I guess they received RQ.

The test is easy no need to remember extra things. All questions came from the questions that are mentioned at the end of book

There are six formats from A-F

Out of 20 question q 16 & 17 are compulsory and we have to give the one correct answer of Q 18-20.From q 1-15, nine should be correct .It means we have to give 12 correct answers.

At the end of written test they told us that it may take 3 months for oath. The whole process completed in about one hour.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:58pm
Thank you for sharing the interview/test experience.
CastAway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CastAway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:46pm

How long after getting your PR card can you apply for Can Citizenship ?

Shan786 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shan786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:05pm
good question! why should you waste your time to find out by yourself When you have other people (in this forum) to work for you...Clap.
Anyway, residency requirement is 1095 days in the last 4 years. 

Edited by Shan786 - 05 Dec 2009 at 4:09pm
Edm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
here my timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on December 15, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 16, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on August 31, 2009. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on September 16, 2009 *******, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to appear and write the citizenship test on October 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Now I am waiting for the oath
rnmnhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnmnhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:33am
Any  new update about test and oath?
cankav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cankav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:55am
Edm08 Can you share your test experience?
Edmonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:18pm
hi there
time line edmonton office
apply August 15
test and RQ august 13
waitting for oath or hearing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
  Share Topic