Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LMO Expiry and Entry after visa approval

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LMO Expiry and Entry after visa approval
    Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 11:50am
Hi All,

Just wanted to get some quick information.

As per the new LMO rule the expiry is 6 months from the date of issue.

Now my question is - Is this must to enter Canada within this six months of validity of LMO once visa is approved ?

Your responses would be appreciated.

Regards

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 12:35pm
Applicant must send the application (meaning process) on or before the expiration of the LMO. Applicant can enter Canada on or before the expiration of the TRV (when approved).

Originally posted by mapry2 mapry2 wrote:

Hi All,

Just wanted to get some quick information.

As per the new LMO rule the expiry is 6 months from the date of issue.

Now my question is - Is this must to enter Canada within this six months of validity of LMO once visa is approved ?

Your responses would be appreciated.

Regards

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 12:42pm
Hi Job Seeker,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Are you sure about this ? Could you please provide more information on this as I know last year few member were not allowed to enter as their LMO was expired ( they had one year LMO expiry date )

As you know you have to get your Work Permit at the Port of Entry and the LMO should be valid at that time.

Since the rule has been changed to 6 month expiry, I am wondering if the same rule applies.

Apart from this the guy is going to work in Quebec. So he has a CAQ.

Please enlight more on this

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 11:51pm
Hi Mapry,

Here's from HRSDC FAQ:

1. What is the new expiry date for LMOs?

Beginning on May 19, 2009, a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is valid to support a foreign worker’s work permit application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for a maximum period of six-months after it is issued. The LMO expiry date identifies the period of time during which:

* The employer must notify the temporary foreign worker (TFW) that the LMO was approved.
    * The employer must send the LMO confirmation letter to the TFW.
    * The TFW must apply for a work permit.
    * The employer who did not provide the name of the foreign worker when he applied for a LMO, must continue to try and recruit Canadians and permanent residents until he selects a foreign worker.

If this does not occur within the period of time identified (before the expiry date , the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must submit a new LMO application if he/she still wishes to hire a temporary foreign worker.
2. What is the difference between the LMO expiry date, duration of a LMO and work permit expiry date?

* The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.
    * The LMO duration date is based on HRSDC/Service Canada’s assessment of an application for a LMO. It identifies the recommended length of time that a work permit could be issued to a foreign worker without negatively impacting the Canadian labour market.
    * The work permit expiry date is determined by CIC when a foreign worker applies for a work permit. It indicates how long a worker will be allowed to reside and work in Canada.

http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers/QA6Month.shtml

All of the LMOs that were approved for longer period had their expiration dates on Nov 2009.

Hi Job Seeker,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Are you sure about this ? Could you please provide more information on this as I know last year few member were not allowed to enter as their LMO was expired ( they had one year LMO expiry date )

As you know you have to get your Work Permit at the Port of Entry and the LMO should be valid at that time.

Since the rule has been changed to 6 month expiry, I am wondering if the same rule applies.

Apart from this the guy is going to work in Quebec. So he has a CAQ.

Please enlight more on this
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:17am
Hi Jobseeker,

I really appreciate your response. However I am not very clear with this line :

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit.

Now the foreign worker has already applied and got the visa. He needs to travel and get the work permit at the port of entry.

As you know , if you want to work in Quebec you do not get LMO but QAC.

So all I am trying find out is, is there any restriction on travelling date and getting the work permit at POE.

Do you need to provide the LMO copy at the POE to get your work permit ?

I would appreciate if you could focus more light on this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:19pm
If s/he already had a visa then there's no worry about the LMO. The applicant needs to present the letter s/he received from CIC when s/he arrives at the POE; the POE officer checks the file number written on the letter and gives the WP based on the letter. S/he must arrive on or before the expiration of the visa though. S/he needs to bring the contract/job offer, approved LMO/QAC just in case they ask for it.   

Hi Jobseeker,

I really appreciate your response. However I am not very clear with this line :

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit.

Now the foreign worker has already applied and got the visa. He needs to travel and get the work permit at the port of entry.

As you know , if you want to work in Quebec you do not get LMO but QAC.

So all I am trying find out is, is there any restriction on travelling date and getting the work permit at POE.

Do you need to provide the LMO copy at the POE to get your work permit ?

I would appreciate if you could focus more light on this.
thienbk33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thienbk33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 9:51pm
I was always confused about the do and do not follow the blog. Thanks for clearing it. I'm going to move my blog to do-do! You can suggest an anti-spam plug-in?

Thanks for the great article, especially to include
 friv, friv 2, friv 4Broken Heart
lei_28th View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lei_28th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 6:28am
Dear sir/madam;
I'm currently working here in Saudi Arabia im applying for live in caregiver in Vancouver Canada in some agency
There but unfortunately they told me that they are not recruiting overseas applicants that will come from Saudi Arabia.is this possible because it will took about 1yr and 6months of application in Canadian embassy for the applicant and they don't want to wait to long for the caregiver to come.I just want some clarification about this.
Your response will be highly appreciated thank you so much
JGK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by lei_28th lei_28th wrote:

Dear sir/madam;
I'm currently working here in Saudi Arabia im applying for live in caregiver in Vancouver Canada in some agency
There but unfortunately they told me that they are not recruiting overseas applicants that will come from Saudi Arabia.is this possible because it will took about 1yr and 6months of application in Canadian embassy for the applicant and they don't want to wait to long for the caregiver to come.I just want some clarification about this.

This is probably due to the ongoing issues between Canada and Saudi Arabia. they started charging stupidly high visa fees to Canadians visiting Saudi following an dispute over Saudi Airlines landing rights in Canada. This is probably another result of the continued dispute.
Set out to leave the first vapour trail in the blue-sky scenario.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 1:40pm
Hi

Originally posted by JGK JGK wrote:

Originally posted by lei_28th lei_28th wrote:

Dear sir/madam;
This is probably due to the ongoing issues between Canada and Saudi Arabia. they started charging stupidly high visa fees to Canadians visiting Saudi following an dispute over Saudi Airlines landing rights in Canada. This is probably another result of the continued dispute.

Actually the dispute is with the UAE and Emirates airlines landing rights in Canada.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic