FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which IDs should I take?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which IDs should I take?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 2:43pm
Really I don't even think the officer will notice it expired, the purpose is not to have your driver license valid (the validity is important when hands are on the steering wheel).
The real purpose is that they want to make sure you're who you assume to be, not someone else showing instead of you.
That's why despite passports and PR Card having photos they want maximum evidence and request 2 more IDs with photos.

Originally posted by hench hench wrote:

So my driver license is expired last month, I still can take the  driver license  as my ID to participate my test?

thanks!
hench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:20am
So my driver license is expired last month, I still can take the  driver license  as my ID to participate my test?

thanks!
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:52pm
OK Hench,

The test letter you'll receive will be enough explanatory of what documents you'll need to bring.

Now for more details about the photo ID cards:
If your driving license expired during the last 5 years I would suggest you to bring it with you.
Health Card is OK as well.
If you have attended a school or university, then their issued ID card is OK as well.

Passport(s) and PR Card are not what they mean by 2 photo ID Cards, in fact they're requested as separate documents to bring.
The passports are the ones you possess (even if expired), and are to be shown additional to your PR card, and two photo IDs.

Originally posted by hench hench wrote:

Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

I think that you need to be more specific... are you talking about the test/interview? or ceremony?

Sorry, I will participate citizen test,  I don't which ID I can take except driver license,  I'm in Toronto, and Can I take OHIP and SIN to participate the test?

thanks!

Edited by mrstaycation - 08 Sep 2010 at 11:52pm
hench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

I think that you need to be more specific... are you talking about the test/interview? or ceremony?

Sorry, I will participate citizen test,  I don't which ID I can take except driver license,  I'm in Toronto, and Can I take OHIP and SIN to participate the test?

thanks!
kal_ottawa View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_ottawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:42pm
you do not have to drive to be canadian
IDs: health card and passport.
|sent:dec14,2009|received:dec16|ecas:may21|letter:jun10|process:nov11|transfer:jan05|FP:feb01|test:mar15|oath:apr20,2011|
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:31pm
hench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 7:34pm
I will take 2 IDs at that time, but my Driver license is expire, so what ID can I take except Driver license ? Can I take OHIP card or other ID(like SIN card) ? Both of them must be photo IDs?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic