Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asteroid11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without
    Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm
Hi guys, here's my situation:
  • Will submit application for Express Entry soon (already received ITA)
  • Will also submit application for Bridging Open Work Permit soon (like next week)
  • My current work PGWP and TRV both expire in December 2018
  • The current estimated processing time for work permit on CIC website is 67 days (for online applications)
I have to travel outside Canada early February, 2019. By then I should have obtained the BOWP according to the current processing time. However, there is not enough time to receive another TRV based on the BOWP. 

I know the time is really tight but it's a trip I have to make. I just want to make sure that I can come back and continue working. So my questions are:

Can I re-enter Canada with Bridging Open Work Permit but without TRV? Or can I apply for a visitor's visa at the same time, so that I can re-enter Canada as a visitor but continue working with the BOWP? Any other suggestions?

Can someone please help? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic