Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR status with American car?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR status with American car?
    Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 1:03pm
I'm sorry if this is the wrong area.

I immigrated on August 3rd and wrote all of the items I would bring with me on the list. The boarder guard said I should also put my car on there in case I wanted to import it. So I did.

Well, my Fiance (Canadian) and I are back in the US for her bridal shower and to bring more of my stuff up. My Mom offered to lend us her van to take stuff up.

The question is, can I drive that van over the boarder if a). it's not on my list and b). if I'm a landed Immigrant?
francohoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francohoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 3:30pm
I would call border services just to be sure, but I would say it's fine as long as you can prove that your mother's van won't be staying permanently in Canada. (ie: you would have to drive out of the country in the same van you came in. ) You might show them a copy of the title or other proof that it belongs to her. That's just my 2¢!! Good luck! :) 

1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App rec'vd
3/10/11: Decision made, sent to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/24/11: Buffalo rec'vd
4/5/11: CSQ issued
7/13/11: AOR (forced after inquiry)
pandemic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 3:48pm
That's good to hear. I looked up the info for boarder services but odds are they won't be around to call until tuesday. I'll be going back up on Monday (>.<)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic