Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police Certificate Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Certificate Q
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 11:36am

In the Instruction Guide they say “For the following countries, police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries.” The UK is on that list, and I lived there for just under a year. I included a letter citing the above for why I didn't get a UK certificate. (Only the FBI one).

What do you think the chances are of them asking me at a later stage for that info? I don't really understand why, because all the other countries listed are non-Western etc. so the UK seems like the odd one out.

audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:33pm
Probably depends on whether anything pops up if they do a basic check in the UK system for a record(same name/DOB has a record)
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:55pm
yes... yes
I am from UK ... I am Brit...
i read that as well..and had exactly the same strong feelings..
but I submitted police cert for both visa ext and PR

do you believe that you have NO criminal record whatsoever? If so then it would be very interesting to know their view...please keep us updated on this subject
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:14pm
Okay, I just read on another forum that someone submitted their application without the UK police certificate and as soon as the application began processing, they were asked for the police certificate. Apparently the application guidelines in the manual are old and on the website under Police Certificate instructions it says you do need one for the UK.

This makes me very angry because now I have to use the expedited service for the UK police certificate, which costs 70 pounds (takes 2 working days plus shipping time) and I'll be stressed that I won't get it in time (my FBI certificate expires mid-October.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:22pm
a)the pack goes to CPC M to assess the sponsor (and check to make sure that the pack is complete)
then
b)sends it elsewhere for assessing you the applicant for PR (it is here that it has a functional role)

has anyone been requested by CPCM to provide the missing document, police cert? or was it from the foriegn place?
did CPC M allow you to add to it?
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:33pm
I'm really annoyed actually because in order to get it in time, this is going to cost upwards of $200. And you know, initially I called CIC to verify the UK instruction thing and she looked at the page, just read me the instructions and said "So yeah, do that." So not only was the instruction manual itself incorrect, but she gave me false information, and now it's costing me a lot of money and stress. Argh.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:37am
have you phoned   CPC M to ask if they will allow you to send it in later???

if this idea works I will be more happier than you in saving you 70
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic