Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Background check stuck Parents Sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oaktownraiders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Background check stuck Parents Sponsorship
    Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:16pm

I am in a bind with IRCC / CIC and really unhappy about the very long processing of PR application of my parents. So i was wondering if members of forum would suggest any steps that I can take to sort this out. Thanks in anticipation. 

I am a Canadian citizen and had applied for my parents permanent residence back in Oct 2011. The case is currently in processing in regional visa office awaiting security check for one of my parents, who worked for a paramilitary force and is now retired since 2008.

After several years of waiting after submitting application in Oct 2011, CIC asked us to submit all documents again which we did in 2016 April, . After couple of months, CIC came back and asked for additional documents for Military / Police service  and we did send comprehensive detail on that in August - September time frame. After that there has been no progress on the case. I have checked with our area MP and they have been checking with IRCC almost monthly and every time its the same answer that security check is in progress. I did apply for the ATIP notes where section dealing with background security check is blanked out, so it didn't help. We have emailed the regional Visa office where application is currently held and they replied to the query saying a background check is currently being performed by an external agency, we have no purview over processsing times and cant provide a timeline when they will process the application. So In essence, we are just waiting, waiting and waiting. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic