Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Tourist Visa for Canadian PR denied

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waverider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:10am

MajidS makes the point that in his wife's case:

"Her entire case rested 100% on my credentials for job, salary, strong ties to Canada, history in Canada..."

Would the visa have been granted to MajidS (or any other husband) if the case was reversed? Just curious (my feeling is "not as easily")!
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:24am
So it could very well be that gender and the spouses credentials may be the deciding factor.
I do personally know a few other couples in which the wife was the PR and they also got a US visa, no problem.
In fact, for those of you who did get a visa, did you apply for a single entry visa only to get your passport back with a 10 year multiple entry visa stamped in your passport?
This happened to my wife and at least 1 or 2 other "wives" that we know.

Best of luck.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 11:11am
i had the same feeling as canvis and yet I am British from UK

and I was only just fying thru US to save money.....
we get this stressful experience because immigration is always introducing new, more stringent barriers...

but the happy ending is that it all worked out for me.
I went thru US and in canada...

but I am not PR yet
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm
here it is
this is what I meant when I replied to english miffin and BRIT
waverider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waverider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 10:57am
Any other experiences?

Just curious as I am employed and demonstrated  proof of good salary, strong ties to Canada etc, as did my husband (though he is self-employed so perhaps his proof was not seen as demonstrating strong enough ties), and my husband was refused....would like to hear if any male PR's were sucessful in obtaining a US visitor visa.

The visa officer noted that for my husband, proof of business licence, his lease for his office, and other evidence (in addition to a letter from my employer stating my salary) and our apartment lease was not enough - he would need to show better proof of economic stability with taxes.

Edited by waverider - 31 Aug 2010 at 10:59am
D-dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:01pm
Hi, 

I was wondering about what documents to take to the US consulate when applying for the Visitor Visa for a vacation. I've been a PR for 10 years and have a job in the government sector. 

Should I take a letter from my employer, tax statement, bank statement.... ? What else would help? 

Thanks! 
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:32pm
i applied for my visa in march(landed here in june 2010) and it he officer didnt see any of my documents
D-dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:05am
Originally posted by tanushree.tiku tanushree.tiku wrote:

i applied for my visa in march(landed here in june 2010) and it he officer didnt see any of my documents

Which consulate did you apply at? 
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:42pm
You must have all supporting documentation to support your ties to Canada, and enough money, and all the paperwork about work, etc and perhaps a itinerary for the flights, etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic