Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Update Your File?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Update Your File?
    Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 12:59pm
If you have more stuff to add to your file (e.g. evidence of another trip together, or new, higher-paying job), how do you add it to your file? Do you just put it in an envelope with your name/ID# on it and send it to CIC?
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 5:07pm
In an ideal world you should have provided necessary and sufficient evidence to support your case as a complete pack...

any additions could potentially make the imm robots retrieve your file and then put that file back into the back of the queue.
The question you have to ask is is that delay worth it?
and or...is the additional information substantial and centarl to the officer's consideration..
it clearly says on page one of the web site...please submit complete package otherwise you could run the risk of the whole thing being retuned.............. but avoid unneccessay enquiries (INCLUDING ORDERING CERTAIN DETAILED CAIPS & FOSS ETC)which could take the file out of its course ....as it will be returned at the back of the line.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 5:11pm
if you are outland it is advisable to wait till till you get the file number,,, which is different from client number...so they can link it..

you must clearly write the file number and name and dob etc so they can clearly make the link....
DO NOT POST ANYTHING TILL YOU GET THAT FILE NUMBA
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by sami55 sami55 wrote:

In an ideal world you should have provided necessary and sufficient evidence to support your case as a complete pack...

any additions could potentially make the imm robots retrieve your file and then put that file back into the back of the queue.
The question you have to ask is is that delay worth it?
and or...is the additional information substantial and centarl to the officer's consideration..
it clearly says on page one of the web site...please submit complete package otherwise you could run the risk of the whole thing being retuned.............. but avoid unneccessay enquiries (INCLUDING ORDERING CERTAIN DETAILED CAIPS & FOSS ETC)which could take the file out of its course ....as it will be returned at the back of the line.

I've been there too, and did just the same as you are suggesting, AND IT WORKED!!! My husband and I sent my package in May, 2009, and got landed on November 28, 2009 - SIX MONTHS AFTER.  We updated my file two times, and it worked, without delaying it.  This is your case and nobody elses'; DO WHAT YOU CONSIDER IS BEST FOR YOU!!!

Good luck!!!
One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:01pm
was your original pack so weak that you found it necessary to reinforce it with additions ? what difference is the addition going to make to the criteria assessments ? none. adding another trip info is not exactly a major substantial addition to your application..

please read the manual it says YOU DO RUN THE RISK OF HINDERING THE PROGRESS if you engage in ... unnecessary enquiries (request for info etc etc)
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:08pm
THIS IS AN email I have received from IMM officer

and hazel,   BRIT has also received the same .....
it says ( THE FIRST LINE IS IN BOLD TEXT)

......................Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. On all correspondence sent to the High Commission, please quote your file number on the letter and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope.

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

Sincerely,

High Commission of Canada

Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:27pm
In an ideal world our case file would have been processed by now. Hong Kong has a wait time of plus 12 months. So if I wish to decrease the chance of an interview request, then would it not be prudent to send evidence of 3 more vists in the last year since Hong Kong recieved our file?

I can understand your logic in not sending additional documentation if the first was complete and your file would be looked at in less then a year. But I hear it looks good if I attend my wife's interview and I rather not be forced to go for an interview, but instead, go because she has already been approved and I am returing to Canada with her.
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:48pm
OMG, I think this is the part where I have to appologize for my experience, and let it go towards the expert's opinion!!! 

As I have explained - the main thing is that it worked for us, I GOT LANDED AND MY PACKAGE WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO GET EVERYTHING INLAND through CIC Scarborough (one of the busiest offices) in a very short period of time - you are right Sammy55, everybody should follow your advise.

Blessings to all of you!!!
One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:00pm
If your file takes a while, I would 100% suggest sending proof every few months to show ongoing communication, pics, etc

Anything to show that you're STILL a strong couple and hopefully avoid an interview
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:06pm
worriedmex we are genuinely happy that things worked for you

please note the original post is saying just add one more trip and a bit more pay...we also do not know at what stage he is at. or what communications he has received.

we need more details to formulate a more definate response to this.too many unknown variables and contingent/ assumptions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic