Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Evidence" for the Application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paris_roc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Evidence" for the Application
    Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 9:09pm
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, too bad that I did not spend time here prior to sending off my application to sponsor my spouse, a week ago. 

I was just wanting to know what each of you has submitted in your application for sponsorship?  I am a little worried that maybe I could have done more or submitted more.

Also, is there a way to send additional items to them?

I really appreciate everyone's advice!
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 9:49pm
If they're not satisfied with the evidences you submitted with your application, they will contact your spouse to attend an interview once the application is in process.  It's pretty difficult to send additional evidences between when you submit the application and when they do the initial assessment - which is when they decide if there's enough evidence.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 9:51pm
Hi Paris_roc,

I don't know if you can send in further evidence once the application is submitted. I'm sure someone else will comment.

Here's what I submitted for our spousal application:
- short essay explaining the development of our relationship
- airline itineraries and/or hotel reservations for 29 trips we took together
- about 50 photos (travel, family, etc.)
- communication (about 50 emails covering 5 years of communication, we've essentially lived together for the last four years so I went light on this one)
- wedding stuff (photos, bills, program, invite list, invitations, cards from those who attended, print out of registration list, honeymoon evidence)

I think that's it...

Hope this helps!
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
paris_roc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paris_roc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:34pm
Thank you for replying to my post!

Can anyone else comment as well on what they had sent in their sponsorship application?

Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:02pm
Paris,
I sent:
-about a page describing our relationship
-Airline tickets showing our trips together (3 total, flights are expensive to see our families!) along with hotel reservations for a wedding we went to
-Credit Card statements showing when my CC was used in Vancouver when visiting my Husband
-Movie ticket stubs (we save movie stubs since we are movie geeks)
-Receipts of different dinners/lunches from my time in Vancouver
-Selected phone bills over the past 2 years ( I think I sent 10 bills total)
-100 photos including wedding photos
-Receipts from the wedding (officiant, location, dress, suit, rings, cards from family members)
- 2 letters of support (one from my Father, one from Husband's Mother)

That pretty much covers it :) 

Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:20pm
@paris-roc
Hello.  I can't comment on sending additional proof once CPC-M (Mississauga assuming you're applying outland) already has your package since neither my spouse or I have done that (other than providing a requested document to the foreign embassy), but here's an idea of what we sent originally:

- The CIC forms of course
- Any requested official documents in the checklist also
- On question #9 of the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire, there obviously wasn't enough space to list everything, so we composed a 10 page chronology of significant events that happened from the time we met until the time we submitted the application, including references to any pics of proofs that we were providing in the package
- About 100 or so pictures of us during the times we were able to be together, including of course some from our wedding and reception (no honeymoon yet.. hehe)
- A sampling of about 35 e-mails over the course of our relationship, along with print screens showing the total amount of e-mails that we've sent each other
- Print screens of all our chat logs
- Copies of money transfers
- Copies of all cards that we've sent each other, courier bills for packages sent, travel proofs such as flight & hotel receipts, and even though it's not necessary for marriage, a couple of affidavits from her friends confirming that our relationship is legit
- Phone bills showing all the text messages that we've sent each other (but barely any calls since we mostly use webcam & calling cards to communicate live)

That's pretty much it I guess.. hehe.  I'm sure I've left out a couple of things but those are the major items.  Good luck!

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
RMJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 4:29pm
You can send addition proof of your relationship to the Visa Post processing the application for PR, NOT Mississauga.  Wait until you receive your AOR and file number (starts with a B) before you send anything.  When you get the file number, make sure you include a cover letter instructing them to include the info with your file and make sure that file number is clearly prominent on the letter and even written on the back of the information you send.  Also, send it using a trackable method such as courier or registered so you can be assured that they have received it.

Edited by RMJ - 09 Sep 2010 at 4:30pm
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 4:45pm
paris- roc

it may be better if you tell us what YOU submitted

you must send in ALL the primary documents to meet the fundamental criteria.what they definately ask...eg marriage cert police cert med etc...

then the other documents are in support of your case...
we need more details about YOUR case to ascertain if more info would be needed....for example if you have an item on police cert YOU would need more info to explain that...etc

there are many here who will advise that you must submit EVERYTHING in one go... if at all possible avoid sending things later...IT INEVITABLY CAUSES PAINFUL DELAY...making them ask for it is not a good idea...
AS advised here, wait till you get your FILE NUMBER.
IF you DO have to send anything later....the envelope and the content MUST HAVE file number and other info to make linking easier....
.....avoid flimsy/ unnecessary additions......
good luck
tsering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:04am
what are the detail steps or procedure to immigrate canada through marriage as i have no ideas...
labrangela
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic