Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to prove freelance experience?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
harry20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 12:40am
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. My self harry. I also work as a freelance web designer/developer. I am working since past 3 years as a freelancer. I applied in march 2004. There is nothing to worry about if you are working as freelancer. You can show your records, like bank statements, records of payment that you receive from third party websites like paypal, moneybookers etc. I had worked for more then 8 years for different companies and finally decided to start my own venture.

Also, you can get experience certificates or reference letters from your clients with whom you have worked. I managed to get it from all of them and have submitted to embassy. My lawyer has told that it should not be a problem in getting visa. However, i would suggest to consult some well known immigration consultant who can guide you much better.

let me know if you need more information.
you can visit my website: www.thenetgurus.com

Gud day.
cheers
harry

Originally posted by canadalover canadalover wrote:

Hi...
I have a serious problem..
I am working as a web developer on freelance basis...
I am going to apply for Quebec immigration, and I would like to know how can I prove my experience, and the hours that I work on freelance basis?

To give you more details, I get 90% of my income online from my clients..
So I can easily prove that I get paid online, from my debit card transactions history... could this be useful?

Also I win the projects online... so can I print these projects' pages from the websites that I get jobs from?

I want to know my chances for this!
Waiting for your answer urgently please, and thanks alot!
canadalover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadalover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 12:13am
Hi...
I have a serious problem..
I am working as a web developer on freelance basis...
I am going to apply for Quebec immigration, and I would like to know how can I prove my experience, and the hours that I work on freelance basis?

To give you more details, I get 90% of my income online from my clients..
So I can easily prove that I get paid online, from my debit card transactions history... could this be useful?

Also I win the projects online... so can I print these projects' pages from the websites that I get jobs from?

I want to know my chances for this!
Waiting for your answer urgently please, and thanks alot!

Edited by canadalover - 22 Aug 2010 at 12:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic