Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

730 day rule! Immigration form.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nav mann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nav mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 730 day rule! Immigration form.
    Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:26pm
annexdan11, when u leave canada , they dont stamp on ur passport the date u left ,but on the other side when u r entering your home country, as in my case india, they[immigration officials] affix a stamp of arrival in that country with the specific date on ur passport , so if on pr renewal they[canadian immigration] demand ur passport photostates and they came through that date u cud b in trouble my dear!!!
Winkbut some countries dont affix a arrival stamp on ur passport when u land , in ur case i dont know,have a nice day...
annexdan11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annexdan11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 4:02pm
Yes, I know, it's not a pretty thing to even think about...

But I see no other way of not losing the PR... From what i've heard here, if i explain wht actually happened, I'll be told to leave since i don't meet the 730 day requirement.

Any other advice?
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 2:22pm
If you are referring to the customs declaration card, or any form that you submit to the authorities for that matter, then it's risky. You are going to sign an official form where you acknowledge at the bottom that  any misrepresentation is an indictable offence. One lie leads to another. Canadians in general despise fraud, so if you get caught, then the trouble begins.
annexdan11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annexdan11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:38am

Hello again;

Could someone tell me what happens if one enters Canada and states in the immigration form that the last time one left the country was, say, a few days or weeks back... I had to leave Canada for personal (family) reasons and really don't want to lose my PR status (I've about 360 days in-country, vs. 730 that I need)!

Thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic