Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Permanent Resident Card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitmeteor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Permanent Resident Card
    Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:23pm
Hi All

Anyone know how long to apply inland Permanent Resident Card for new born? Can I apply outside Canada and receive it in Canada? Thanks in advance.

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:37am
Hi

Originally posted by digitmeteor digitmeteor wrote:

Hi AllAnyone know how long to apply inland Permanent Resident Card for new born? Can I apply outside Canada and receive it in Canada? Thanks in advance.

1. You can't apply for a PR card abroad.
2. I assume that neither of the child's parents are Canadians, so the child will have to be sponsored.
3. If the child requires a visitor visa to enter Canada, then probably one of the parents is going to have to return to Canada to sponsor the child.
PMM
digitmeteor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitmeteor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:01am
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic