Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Previous forum posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:36am
Originally posted by IslandGirl IslandGirl wrote:

Right on @ having an admin!
Nice to see that maybe we won't be inundated with bogus SPAM posts.
I noticed yesterday that the SPAM posts were being cleaned up, I'm guessing yesterday was fairly hectic with this thing, I know switching over software can be a PITA

The old forum is fairly "clean" with the spam posts gone except for some spammers who used valid threads. Just need to use the new site more though to get familiarized with what button to click
canadianApr2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianApr2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:49pm
my say: im not happy with the new white look and locking the old forum.it was so much better to move around and see into the forum discussions,even though we still have the read-only option.

Not happy!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by canadianApr2009 canadianApr2009 wrote:

my say: im not happy with the new white look and locking the old forum.it was so much better to move around and see into the forum discussions,even though we still have the read-only option.

Not happy!

The old forum is kinder to the eyes and easier to look at because of its tabular format. Yup the new forum takes a little longer getting used to but at least "admin" is vigilant now and are removing spam and abusive posts before they choke the real valid threads again.

Edited by job_seeker - 01 Dec 2009 at 4:40pm
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:32am
I'm quite happy as it's MUCH faster and as far as maneuvering around the site - it's just a matter of getting used to something new.
At one time - the old forum was "new" to everyone also.
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:55am
It just takes getting used to. Like someone else said, the other forum was new for everyone at one time also.

This one also has more options and is more user friendly.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:33am
for Admin Please

Kindly consider the seniority level of all members from old forum. for example I was Top Member there and here I am recognised as new, you can have check with email addresses and give them there old membership status. This is my advice. Otherwise this new Forum is very good in all aspect.
tremor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tremor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:19pm

I didn't know about the new forum until I accidentally got directed to this site.
It would be great if there was a note on the old forum (somewhere on the top part of the page)
to tell people to go to the site of the new forum.

This will spread the word about the new forum more quickly.
Hopefully doing this will encourage the old members to move to the new forum.

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:23am
I'm not sure what you mean, as you can see - they are both listed on the entrance page and at the top of the old forum

Originally posted by tremor tremor wrote:

I didn't know about the new forum until I accidentally got directed to this site.
It would be great if there was a note on the old forum (somewhere on the top part of the page)
to tell people to go to the site of the new forum.

This will spread the word about the new forum more quickly.
Hopefully doing this will encourage the old members to move to the new forum.

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
necoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 3:19am
I wonder if there will be any moderators this time around. Would be great if things like this could be stickied Tongue

ryanbags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:27am
Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Takes sometime getting used to the new look.

definitly takes some time, but mostly the better choice..
Just cut the bullsit and enjoy the beach;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic