Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any chance we can boot members?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any chance we can boot members?
    Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 5:56pm
I thought the "new" start on this forum would eliminate the BS/spam posts. Any options to report to moderator or rate original posters so we can dispense with the irrelevant?
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
I see where you are coming from here, but I dont think there is any chance or point, people will continue to register and post at will. On saying that I once emailed the mod on the old site but got no reply.

Edited by redeagle - 12 Dec 2009 at 6:36pm
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:14am
If they are spamming - you can report them
So far so good (really good) on keeping up with them (spammer)
There will always be people who post just to hear (see?) themselves talk, even if they have nothing to say
Everyone here is "new" - there are people that were new on the old site but posted constantly and then signed up new here to post incessantly - sort of makes you wonder but....meh
At this stage in the game, length of time of membership & post count really mean nothing

I've linked back to my "old" profile in my signature also 
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:52pm
How do you report a spammer?
hbwpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbwpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Allison Allison wrote:

How do you report a spammer?

At the top of the post there is a small link that says 'post options.'

If you click on it there is a report function. :)
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm
thanks hbwpg
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Allison Allison wrote:

thanks hbwpg

Hi Allison,

We can also post under "comments/suggestions":

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=383&title=report-spammers
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:25pm
Personally, while disliking spam I don't mind it as much on-site as I do when it shows up in a forum's email notifications or rss feed.

Some of it has been pretty over the top! Admin has responded - thanks job_seeker
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:54am
Just remeber that removing Spam doesnt mean removing someones opinion regardless to how inflamatory it may be. Everyone has the right to their opinion.
Unfortunatly sometimes those opinons conflict with our own or sometimes people simply post just to piss everyone off.
Thats simply part of newsgroups.
the idea behind removing spam is really to focus on Spam advertising which simply takes up space and clutters the forums, not to censor.

redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:58am
I think it was the posts on selling crap that Allison was refuring to?
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic