Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR App through Seattle - anyone have info?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR App through Seattle - anyone have info?
    Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:40am
We applied for hubby's PR in April. I was approved May 27th as sponsor, Buffalo opened his case for processing July 14th, and July 27th it was sent to Seattle.

Wondering if anyone on here has gone through Seattle? Anything to tell regarding processing times?
App Sent Apr 12
Approved as Sponsor May 27
Buffalo Receipt Letter Jul 14
App sent to Seattle July 27
PPR Sept 13
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 6:52am
I have no personal experience with Seattle; the following info is based on reports posted by others in the past.

Some Americans who had their files transferred from Buffalo to Seattle still had very prompt timelines, virtually no difference than the more quickly done cases that stayed in Buffalo. It is apparent that these cases were transferred to Seattle simply as a caseload sharing measure, albeit the persons who have reported this were located on the West Coast.

Some Americans who have reported being transferred to Seattle had cases which involved an interview request. At least in terms of reports I have seen in the last two and a half years, the former (simply caseload sharing transfers) appear to outnumber the ones transferred for an interview by a rather wide margin.

I can recall one who reported being asked for additional information after the transfer . . . but the additional information requested was of an obvious sort (I do not recall specifically what it was . . . the idea that it was the additional family info form comes to mind, but I am not sure), so it was not apparent that that case involved anything other than a caseload management transfer.

In any event, there have been plenty of reports that it does not significantly change the timeline, is no reason to be concerned . . . unless there is some underlying reason why an interview might be requested -- interviews for Americans who are sponsored partner PR applicants is very, very rare, so a request for an interview, for an American, is an indication that something substantial is lacking or is questionable in the application. But again, there are enough reports of routine transfers to Seattle to not be alarmed or concerned much.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Sylvia A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:02pm
Thanks for the response!!

I can see no reason why anything would be questionable, since nothing IS. They have ALL the information they could possibly want.

Hoping for speedy processing Smile

Thanks again
App Sent Apr 12
Approved as Sponsor May 27
Buffalo Receipt Letter Jul 14
App sent to Seattle July 27
PPR Sept 13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic