Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changes in Havana?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changes in Havana?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:54pm
Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing delays in their spouse receiving the permanent resident card and visa foil from the embassy in Havana?

My husband was extensively interviewed on July 14, 2010. At the end of the interview, he was told by the functionary that everything looked good, and he had indeed "proven" to her that our relationship was genuine. He was then told that he would be called back within a month, as there were some other things that needed to be done (what those are we are not sure).

As yet he has not been called. My husband was a high-ranking government official, and was also in the army for 8 years. Would that have anything to do with it, or has the embassy really changed their procedure and now it no longer issues the PR card the same day as the interview?

Up until the point of the interview, we have both felt that things proceeded very efficiently.

Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. I am 5 months pregnant and I am going out of my mind, wanting my husband to be with me.
Application Received Mar. 4, 2010
Began processing in Havana, April 14th
Interview in Havana, July 14th
Security Interview in Havana Nov. 18th.
Visa granted Dec. 22nd.
Arrived in Canada Jan. 23, 2011
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm

Background checks....Do not worry your husband is a military.. even if the interview went well they have to check milion things. You and your husband must have known that everything is longer for a military that asking for a permanent resident visa. If he gets his visa in two weeks like they said to him ... you are both very lucky !!!  Tongue

Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
Cosita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:31pm
Thanks Salsaj - I guess I was thinking that because his military service was years ago that it would not be such a big deal.  Glad to see from your signature that everything has gone well for you!
Visa granted Dec. 22nd.
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:41pm
I remember a woman from Montreal last year, her husband was a military and they wait 1 year for the visa... so be glad that you get an interview in solo a couple of months... did you get a "non disturd date" from Havana ?  We were lucky, 4 months total of treatment including an interview. But Havana is real fast since 1 or 2 years .
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:42pm
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
Cosita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:51pm
Yes - our "do not disturb" date is October 8, 2001, so I guess we cannot complain. But of course we heard always that people got their permanent resident card the same day as the interview, so we were sad when that did not happen for us on July 14th. Thank you for your advice!
Visa granted Dec. 22nd.
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:57pm
I could understand you very well , so well, I was there with my husband during the interview.. we just have to wait 1 hour for the decision and I almost went crazy.... I understand you very well....Have a good day, wishing you the best !
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 1:41am

My husband was called in for June 23rd, no interview was done, and was told to be back that afternoon to pick up his visa. Sounds like great news, and it was.....now we are experiencing a different delay. His medical expires at the end of Aug and we had heard nothing about recieving his exit permit (PVE) He has gone to the Immigration office pretty much everyday and they keep saying, maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and another big nothing. I have been a disaster for the last few weeks cause time is running out and if it does I have to do the whole process all over again. They really could care less about anyone. He has told them that it will expire and they just say sorry, you have to wait ;( Unfortunately we will have to probably wait and wait....till time runs out. I am pretty sad and disappointed at this point.

So, not sure about the delays in recieving visa's but I do know, getting that exist visa is a lot harder to do.....time is just ticking for thier medicals and visa's to expire...and there is nothing we can do :(
Married-Aug 17th~2009,Cuba
CIC-mailed March 8th~2010
CIC-mailed to Havana March 30th~2010
Havana-processing-April 14th~2010
Havana-Visa June 23rd~2010
Arrive in Canada-Aug 15th-2010
Cosita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 7:31am
That sounds horrible! Most of the people I know have received their PVE in about a week. You wouldn't have to go through the whole immigration process again if the medical expires, would you? I just thought you had to get another medical with a valid date and submit it to the embassy? But yes, I imagine you would have to start the PVE process again.

Does it have anything to do with your husband's past work experience?

I will keep fingers crossed for you. If I have to go through that kind of wait after the wait I am experiencing now I am going to lose it! I've decided that if we don't hear anything by the end of August I am booking a ticket for September to see my husband,  but I really didn't want to travel while pregnant. Keep me posted!
Visa granted Dec. 22nd.
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 10:52pm
It has been horrible ;( Yes, it was my understanding also that it would only take 15-20 days max to recieve the PVE. It would have nothing to do with his past jobs as he was working as an entertainer at a hotel. There is really no reason for this delay, nothing. Unfortunately if the date passes for his medical, yes I have to do the whole thing over again ;( I really do think I will have a breakdown if that happens! I worked so hard to get my application there and with much detail that this is such a let down. Once you get your visa in your hand, you can not go back and do another medical. We knew we had 2 mths to play with when he got his visa and we thought it was sufficient time to get his PVE. At this point, there is nothing either of us can do. I was thinking of going tomorrow but now we are going to wait out this week and if we still have nothing I am leaving for Cuba next weekend, one to see Immigration together and 2nd to spend our 1 yr anniversary together.....I will them at that point get all our papers again together and have to re-apply. When does your husbands medical expire?
I hope you hear something soon also.....this is the most stressful time of the whole sponsorship.
I really don't know what I am going to do if this happens.......
Married-Aug 17th~2009,Cuba
CIC-mailed March 8th~2010
CIC-mailed to Havana March 30th~2010
Havana-processing-April 14th~2010
Havana-Visa June 23rd~2010
Arrive in Canada-Aug 15th-2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic