Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor Visa Form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avajurug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor Visa Form
    Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:25pm
Friends, Need your help on two questions on Visitor visa form. I stay in Canada as Permanent Resident and calling my parents to visit me for two months.

Now they are filling visa form and have doubts on two questions:

Question 3: The purpose of your visit is -- a) Tourism b)Business c) Other
Should I select tourism or Other ..They are visiting me and my wife.

Question 5: Funds available for my stay in Canada is $....
What should be entered here ..Funds and cash that I have here in Canada that I can spend for them or the funds that they have . This is confusing.

Please help
heavengaleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavengaleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:02pm
Hi,

You could say other, then state the reason why they will visit. Also, you can state tourism then just add the main reason why they're coming. Either way will do. But you have to make an invitation letter this helps a lot.

For funds it depends on how long they'd stay here. But like for my family I remember them putting $10,000 for my aunt who stayed here for 6 months. Then you need to attach your bank statement. Also, they need to provide their bank statement of their own or ties to prove that they're coming back home.

Hope this would help you. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic