FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Class Sponsorship/Income Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family Class Sponsorship/Income Required
    Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 3:05am
Originally posted by hannah12 hannah12 wrote:

This is our first post, so please bear with us! I am a Canadian citizen (as our three children) and my husband is UK citizen - we're just about to send our family class application. We have a few concerns, hoping someone out there can give us some advice.

Referring to the Sponsor Document Checklist (IMM5491) - Question 19, how do we demonstrate that we, as a family, have the ability to support ourselves financially? The checklist seems to suggest that I, as the Sponsor, need enough regular income to support my husband, who I am sponsoring. In our case, my husband is our prime earner as I have been at home with the children since 2000 and don't plan to go back to work full time until they are all school age.

Also, Question 20 - how do we prove that we intend to live in Canada as a family once my husband is granted Permanent Residence. This is certainly what we plan, but how do we prove it?

One more question, should my husband expect to be called for an interview in London at any time?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 5:08pm
you should always strive to ensure that you provide water tight case to avoid an interview. IF you GIVE full and provable honest answers to all the information and it meets all the criteria THEN NO YOUR HUSBAND WILL NOT HAVE TO GO FOR INTERVIEW.

IN THE FAMILY CLASS SPONSORING a post has just appeared today
when do they ask you for interview ? read it...

AN INTERVIEW IS CALLED
when they suspect that the relationship is not geuine
or you have provided inconsistent or misleading or missing information which needs clarification/ explanation.

LONDON has not called me for interview, instead they emailed me asking for three items, further to the pack that I submitted,
but they could still call me ...i hope they wont ..
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 5:01pm
first of all good luck with your plans and may you get happiness.

you are on job section... go to FAMILY SPONSORSHIP SECTION of this site

there is a lot of info there. the guide is also useful
I assume even you are also in UK with your husband?

you dont have to have income to sponsor your husband.

your intentions are proven by making arrangements to dispose of assets in UK with plans to establishing yourself in Canada. get supporting letters..letters from employers family members solicitors estate agents etc...at both ends.
hannah12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannah12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:49am
This is our first post, so please bear with us! I am a Canadian citizen (as our three children) and my husband is UK citizen - we're just about to send our family class application. We have a few concerns, hoping someone out there can give us some advice.

Referring to the Sponsor Document Checklist (IMM5491) - Question 19, how do we demonstrate that we, as a family, have the ability to support ourselves financially? The checklist seems to suggest that I, as the Sponsor, need enough regular income to support my husband, who I am sponsoring. In our case, my husband is our prime earner as I have been at home with the children since 2000 and don't plan to go back to work full time until they are all school age.

Also, Question 20 - how do we prove that we intend to live in Canada as a family once my husband is granted Permanent Residence. This is certainly what we plan, but how do we prove it?

One more question, should my husband expect to be called for an interview in London at any time?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic