Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Decision Made" already?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Decision Made" already?
    Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:25am
Hi all,

My wife and I currently live in Beijing, China and our application was received on June 23.  Today was the first time I could see our case on the e-CAS and it states "Decision Made" already.  It then stated:

We sent you a letter on July 26, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

I know I should probably wait for the letter to get the real answer but I wasn't expecting to see the "Decision Made" status so soon.  I thought I would see "Sponsorship Approved", "In progress" before "Decision Made". Is this normal? Or is this a bad sign that my sponsorship probably got rejected?

Note: We also have not included her passport yet and my understanding is that they need to send the application to the visa office in Beijing.

Thanks!
Croyd

Edited by croyd - 28 Jul 2010 at 8:37am
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:49am

from what i read it normally gives you the other info as your file has been transfered to visa office, so hold for at least next week, the wait will kill but be calm. I think it is good news

ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:06am
Sounds like the sponsor portion of the application was approved. Congrats!
If things are approved then your application will be sent to Beijing to judge the applicant part of application. Best of luck!
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 10:22am
yes i agree the Decision made is on the first part of your app, the sponsorship. That normally takes 4 weeks so that about right. You most likely have been approved to sponsor so Congrats!! Now your file will be transferred.. G'luckSmile 
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic