Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forms to Send for Spousal PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forms to Send for Spousal PR
    Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:33am
Going through CIC website, I understand that there are two kind of forms to be sent for Spousal PR. One is for Sponsorship and another is for Permanent Residence.

I have couple of questions before I can submit the application -
1. Do I have to send both set of forms while applying for Spousal Sponsorship?
2. Does the person being sponsored, have to undergo Medical examination before I can submit the application in Canada

Thanks a lot for your help.

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:57am
1. Yes
2. Yes
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 1:39pm
These are the forms you need for an outland sponsorship application.  As the sponsor, you complete the forms in Part 1, the applicant completes the forms in Part 2 and also follows the instructions contained in the applicable Region Specific guide in Part 3.  The applicant uses the Document Checklist in Appendix A of their Region Specific guide to pull together all of the forms, identification documents and evidences they're supposed to provide, and then that package goes to their sponsor.  The sponsor then uses the Document Checklist provided in Part 1 to pull together their forms, their identifying docs, and any evidences - AND to organize the information received from the applicant - and then the complete package is sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, ON. 

CPC-M assesses the sponsor and, if s/he is found eligible to sponsor, they then send the application package to the overseas embassy for assessment of the applicant and finalization of the file.

Edited by RobsLuv - 27 Jul 2010 at 1:40pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic