Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help - Urgent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smalfoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help - Urgent
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 4:47pm
My husband is from the United States. He came to visit me on June 11 and was issued a Visitor's Record for 3 days, until the 14th. We extended this record online until July 17, which was the date he left Canada.

Unsure what to do with his record, we called the CIC and were told to hand in the record per usual as he was leaving. The problem is, he left on a greyhound and the driver absolutely refused to stop at the border so he could hand it in.

We called the CIC, who told us to call the Canadian Consulate in Detroit, which we couldn't get through to. So we called the Windsor border and asked them what we should do.

The lady I talked to was extremely rude and said basically, that as far as she's concerned,. he's still in Canada. And that he has to go to the Canadian Consulate nearest to him, in person, with his ID and receipts of extension, and hand the record in RIGHT AWAY, and that she has no way to verify that he's left the country therefore he must still be in it.

We can't do this. I just don't have the money right now and he's jobless and doesn't own a car.  We spent all our money on getting married while he was down here.

I know that he has implied status until his application for extension is processed. However, as I mentioned, we only applied to have it extended by a month. We haven't heard anything about his application yet.

How long do we have to hand in his record? Please, does anyone have any advice on this situation? Will this make him inadmissible to Canada? Will I not be able to sponsor him in the future?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic