Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spouse sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jaw54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaw54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spouse sponsorship
    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:50am
Hi
I applied as out land spousal sponsorship from middle Dubai and my wife a Canadian citizen sponsored me in March,2018.We got the approval and medical done on May 7th and cleared Later in June sch A background declaration form asked to upload in the linked online CIC A/C.In July file been transferred to LVO for further processing and the status showed as In process since then. Any body whose file in London visa office plz kindly update any development regarding this.
Highly appreciate any contributions related to this timeline.
Thanks
Jaw54
maysul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:10am
Hi pls i need help,my spouse ponsourship application is 10th month now,and I did my medicals and pass it may 2018,5month now,since then they are saying my application is still on queue,and the application takes 12 month,waiting for cic Accra to as me to submit my passport
pls is anyone in same line with me ?
And how long will I Wait for cic?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:56pm
Hi

Originally posted by engr2k10 engr2k10 wrote:

Hi,

I have applied for immigration(in-Land)and my spouse has sponsored me. My children are in my previous country of citizenship and they are citizens there, cic asked me to send their medical and police reports which I do not have access or influence because the children's mother have their full custody and they do not want to apply for immigration to come to canada, but since they are on my application as my dependent. How can I explain it to immigration and waive this. I have provided my documents and everything required for immigration but for the children I can not. Please someone advise me, I do not want my application rejected because of this situation. Thanks

1. You are going to have to get a a statement from the mother that she refuses to co-operate in having the children do medicals or obtain criminal records checks.
2. Although it would seem odd if the children are under 18 that IRCC is request criminal record checks. If they are over 18 then they are considered adults in most countries, so nothing would stop them from having medicals and criminal record checks on their own.
3. Once you have the statement from the mother, then you will have to submit a notarized statement that you realize as the children have not been examined, that you will be unable to sponsor them in the future. You may want to explain to your ex-wife, that you don't intend to sponsor them, but if something happens to her, then the sponsorship option would still be open.
PMM
engr2k10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engr2k10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:12pm
Hi,

I have applied for immigration(in-Land)and my spouse has sponsored me. My children are in my previous country of citizenship and they are citizens there, cic asked me to send their medical and police reports which I do not have access or influence because the children's mother have their full custody and they do not want to apply for immigration to come to canada, but since they are on my application as my dependent. How can I explain it to immigration and waive this. I have provided my documents and everything required for immigration but for the children I can not. Please someone advise me, I do not want my application rejected because of this situation. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic