Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new immigration rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeelshehzad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new immigration rules
    Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:40am
Hello Everyone,

canadian rules for 2010 changed in last week.
My designation is "Software Development Manager" which which was in on demand list.
but after rules are changed in last week this designation is removed from the list.

I applied on 1st june 2010 (my documents reached at canada) but uptill now no reply from canadian immigration office.
My question is would I still qualify for immgration? or my application would be rejected?

some one told me that if rules changed after application date  then it would not effect my application
but what is considered as application date (Date on which application reached at immigration office?)

Thanks
Adeel Shehzad
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:40pm
Be relaxed, your case will be processed according to old rule but may take little longer now.
me123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:49pm
This is so annoying that they change the rules with no warning!! we prepared an application in accordance with the old rules but didn't submit before June 26 (didn't know we would have to!!) and now don't qualify under the new rules!! so annoying... trying to figure out something else now...

also, english speakers have to take an english test!!!????? that's just wrong!!
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:21pm
"also, english speakers have to take an english test!!!????? that's just wrong!!"

I took a French test adjudicated by the Paris Chamber of Commerce in order to add points to my skilled worker application. The loophole that allowed non native speakers to send in an example of their written ability in English or French as proof of language ability was subject to much abuse with some people not using their own writings.

It is better this way, rather than someone with a deficit in language ability coming to Canada then facing the hardship of finding suitable employment without adequate ability in one of Canada's two designated languages.

New immigrants to Canada are offered free English lessons now as a measure of trying to help immigrants integrate more successfully into the workplace in their chosen fields.

The UK and Australia both use language tests in their immigration processes.

In the end this will benefit both the immigrant and Canada, it is a win-win situation.
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:04pm
Sounds good!
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 1:00am
Native speakers of English don't require to sit an English test, though.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
the big burp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 6:03am
krisp, they do under the new rules recently implemented!
me123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 5:20pm
I don't agree at all that native speakers should have to sit a test, it's complete bs...... you can 100% proove that you are a native speaker..  it's completly ridiculous.... and expensive!!!!!!!!! and there's a 2 month wait to sit it... I was about to submit my application when the new rule was implemented, now I'm 2 months delayed with time running out on my work permit.... the whole thing is ridiculous.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic