Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's been 6 weeks and no reply yet....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RammStern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's been 6 weeks and no reply yet....?
    Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:57am
I'm an expatriate living in Kuwait. I sent applications for 2 multiple entry visas (My parents) and a Study Permit (For me) to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. It reached by DHL on the 26th of May and I have heard NOTHING from the embassy yet. No phone calls, no e-mails nothing.

I remember reading a question here posted by someone that they received a file number a month after they applied for their study permit. Does this happen?

When am I going to get a reply from them? College starts for me on the 9th of September. My entire family's passports are there and being in a foreign country, this is causing us some concern.

We called DHL. They said that the shipment has been received and signed in Abu Dhabi, but it hasn't been picked up for delivery back to Kuwait.

Called the immigration section there, but they don't take calls. Just an answering machine message saying that they only take faxes and their fax no.
Should I send them a fax? I don't want to annoy them or make it seem like I'm rushing. I just want to know if my application is being processed or if there is any kind of hold up, so I can fix it before it's too late.
RammStern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RammStern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:06am
I got it back today and new problems:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3289&PID=81578#81578
RammStern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RammStern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:08am
EDIT:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3289&title=student-visa-rejected-due-to-regulation-179
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic