Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Originals or photocopies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Originals or photocopies?
    Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:28pm
Anyone who has submitted a family class sponsorship application, did you submit the originals of envelopes/greeting cards from friends/family or between the two of you, or did you submit photocopies?

Thanks!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:32pm
I submitted originals because I wanted to provide as much solid proof as possible to avoid an interview since I was in Canada with my husband. Didn't want the stress of not knowing if they'd let me back in after leaving to go to the interview. Not to mention wasting $$.

I don't know if it was necessary, but I was being safe.
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 9:41pm
Another question -- if you submitted phone records showing your constant correspondence, how many did you submit? Because I have a phone record for every month of the three years that we have been together... I'm not sure how thorough to be, because it adds a LOT of bulky paper to the application...
bobshynoswife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobshynoswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:10pm
I photocopied all of our cards and letters WITH the envelopes showing the postmarks. I didn't want to risk having the originals not returned, as they have great value for me.

We sent in my Telus phone bills for the past 2 years. I photocopied them on both sides of paper. They want to see consistency, so I would include all of them, if I were you. By the time we realized we would need phone bills my husband could only get the last 6 months, so that's what we sent in for him. I also highlighted all our calls to each other. It took a bit of time, but I am hoping to save time for the IO having to search through all the numbers.
Sponsored Nigerian Husband
Married April 22, 2010
App received CIC-M May 18, 2010
File Tranfered to Accra June 22, 2010
Interview: Aug 24, 2010
Visa issued: Aug 24, 2010
Landed: Sept 9, 2010
bobshynoswife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobshynoswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:11pm
Oh, and as far as bulky applications, I included 417 pages of communication evidence. Phone, emails, skype log, text messages, cards and letters. I have a particulary tough visa office though, so I thought it's better to be safe than sorry.
Sponsored Nigerian Husband
Married April 22, 2010
App received CIC-M May 18, 2010
File Tranfered to Accra June 22, 2010
Interview: Aug 24, 2010
Visa issued: Aug 24, 2010
Landed: Sept 9, 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic