Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR CARD NOT RECEIVED EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:14am
I and my family landed in July. We received our PR cards about 45 days later.
taniahurley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taniahurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:35am
we landed in canada on 21st june and left canada after one week. my relatives in canada received my PR card but my partner's card still has not arrived and it has already been three months. does anyone have any idea , what could be the possible reasons?? i have a phone number for CIC call centre but i am unsure about calling them incase they tell me off for not being in canada. any input from any body will be appreciated. thanks
tania hurley. 
aa1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aa1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 10:50am
Tania,

Our case is very similar to yous. Mine and my son's PR card have been received at my friends residence, but my wife's PR card is still not received. We landed on 29th June 2010 and after landing we traveled back to UK within a weeks time.

Finally , my wife called the CIC call center last week and came to know that her case is on hold due to Photo specification problem. And now we cannot send the Photos from UK. So the CIC call center agent advised us to travel to Canada by applying for a travel document and then submit the photos to nearest CIC office personally. This is really strange.

So I would advice you to give a call and ask
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:44pm
taniahurley,

most likely it is a problem with the pic, similar to aa1972. Better to call them and know for sure. If the problem is actually the picture, they will give you the same suggestion as aa1972. And don't worry, people are allowed to leave Canada after landing, so they are not going to tell you off because of that.

G.
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 5:13am
i landed in canada aug10,2010 still waiting for my pr card
SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 11:07am
I landed on 30th of July and I still have not received my PR card.. I called the cic call center they said they have put in a request on my behalf and if I don't receive my PR card within a months time then I should check again with them
App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010
ather8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ather8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:52pm
 need ur precious advice
it's almost 8 weeks but i did not recieve my PR card
i called helpline many times but they r not helpful
i landed in vancouver BC
first time i called them after 5 weeks, they said it wil take 43 days
Then i called them again after 43 days, they said call after one week
Then again i called them after one week they said to call again after one week
Then i again called them after one week and now they said to call after one month
plz advise what should i do ?
should i wait for one month more or keep them calling ?
thnx
wwww
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 2:53pm
It generally takes between 8 to 12 weeks to receive the PR card.

Are you in any hurry to receive it? That is, are you planning to travel outside the country? If so, you can request for the process to be expedited. However, the request should have been ideally made right from the beginning, unless of course an emergency has come up.

No harm in following up though, but I would wait to call after the 12 week period, if it's not an emergency. Hopefully, you will receive it sooner!
ather8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ather8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:13pm

THNX for replying

No i have no plan to go out of canada in near future

Coz i m doing permanent job here in VANCOUVER

BUT i need it to apply for driving licence coz without it i can nt apply for DL

otherwise i even dont need it

Thnx

wwww
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:35pm
Your IMM5292 (COPR) and Passport are good enough to apply for Driver License (tell them you're waiting for PR Card to arrive).

That should work everywhere in lieu of PR Card.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic