Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you seen this?? I am outraged!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you seen this?? I am outraged!
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:19pm
Here is an Article in the Toronto Star...I am outraged..no wonder it is so hard to get PR with people like this spoiling it for the rest of us that really want to be with our loved ones!!Angry

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/832865--the-case-of-the-vanishing-groom
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
eastcoastgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastcoastgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:22pm
I'm with ya Brit.....absolutely outraged, disgusted and in shock people do this to other people!
06/22/09:Married in Santo Domingo
04/22/10:Application received in Mississauga.
06/01/10:Approved to sponsor
07/16/10:In process (can finally log on e-cas on 21st)
07/30/10:AOR rec'd in mail
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:44pm
This is nothing new - unfortunately, it happens a lot.  I know it often seems that CIC bullies poor defenseless people who are in love and just want to be together, but too many times the Canadian sponsor is the only one who's in love - so much so they can't see they're being used.  I'm not saying, at all, that every case rejected on MOC is a fraudulent one - but obviously many are.

This is just my opinion - and it probably won't be popular with everyone - but I think what's changing is that these duped sponsors are now turning on the government . . . saying that CIC should be doing more to protect them.  In reality, the refusal is usually an attempt to do exactly that but, instead of taking a closer look to see what the "practised eye" of an immigration officer might see that they don't, most sponsors remain blinded by love and spend thousands appealing the decision - only to learn the horrible truth when they think they've finally won the battle they've been fighting against the wrong "enemy".

I really believe any sponsor who has a case rejected on an MOC needs to seriously re-evaluate the relationship before going ahead with the appeal process.  CIC doesn't give sponsors much time to make that choice . . . they require the appeal request within 30 days - BUT after that comes a 3-4 months delay where nothing really happens.  That's the time to step back - take a deep breath - and get honest with yourself.  If you decide there might be good reason to stop the appeal, it's still possible.  Unfortunately, that's next to impossible for a loving heart to do - and that's what the fraudsters bank on.

Edited by RobsLuv - 08 Jul 2010 at 10:59pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 12:41am
I agree that the immigration system serves a purpose.

It makes some of us feel bullied and violated. I hated knowing that somebody was reading our private conversations and viewing our photos without us even REALLY knowing. Like having it be a complete stranger.

But I'm glad Canada is strict. I would rather have it be this way than a bunch of criminals and frauds crossing the border.

I hate that it means that some legitimate couples are wrongly rejected. But it's DISGUSTING that people are used for immigration. But I do think that a large part of the burden of weeding these people out is on the sponsors. Make sure you REALLY know the person before you bring them into the country.
marie052107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie052107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:40am
geee thats terrible.....i read some thread here the forum also the guy been used the girls family to get some the girls relatives.... well some people  very desperate.... 
June 2009 application send
DEC 2009 application approved
Jan 2010 received all form
Feb 2010 applied PR
mar 2010 Medical
May 2010 Email PPR
June2010 passport sent
July 6 2010 DM
july 21 visa got it!
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 9:52am

It's a horrible down side to this whole process. I really do think they need to make some serious changes. Take a different approach, such as isssuing some sort of a trial period to the applicant. Allowing them to work (contribute to society) for x amount of years then apply for a PR. Just something along the lines of that would weed out some of the bogus applications.

Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:00am
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!
this guy was on this forum asking questions about his appeal!!!!!!i
he had even emailed me few times to ask questions!!!!!!how sick is that!!!!!
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:27am
Kamjit: Was he really? I hope I didnt give him any advice!! I know it happens quite a lot..thats 1 reason there is a 3 year undertaking in an attempt to try and deter Sponsors from bringing in bogus applicants!! But I guess some people just dont see it coming..love can make you blind to the truth! Confused
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:50pm
Robsluv one day a women , a lawyer tells me that when a IO rejected a sponcering demand it is because they found something alarming that made the spouse really  suspected and they don't believe him or her is honest.  What do you think about this ?
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:44am
When I saw this link I assumed it was to the same story published by CBC a couple weeks ago. It was not, but it was very, very similar, only in the one reported by CBC the applicant simply stopped communicating with the sponsor as soon as he had his PR visa . . . she did not even know he had landed until she made inquiries (it had been months since she last heard from him and his family stopped responding to her and so on). And similarly, there have been bribes offered, threats made (and indeed, apparently a charge laid in relation thereto).

These are the most obvious cases, and cases which CIC should be able to prosecute to removal (for misrepresentation as to the genuineness of the relationship), but of course there are many many more which go unreported, many more where the applicant plays the game a little longer than these guys did, and so on.

I really felt sorrow for the woman in the CBC story. She had been visiting family in India and this guy came on to her, put her off at first, but he persisted and really put on the smitten routine and she fell for it, fell in love . . . married the one . . . only to have the guy drop her like a bad debt as soon as the visa was affixed in his passport . . . I can hardly imagine the pain . . . I can hardly imagine the trust issues she will forever have . . . one of the worst sorts of rape (all sorts are worst, I know . . . but to be taken in like that, and just simply used . . . )

Immigration issues aside, this is serious fraud with a real victim.

Edited by dpenabill - 10 Jul 2010 at 3:45am
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic