Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Decision has been made!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

Let me ask you this Ig107, why so much fear??? was your case complicated? or straight foward?? I'm sure it will be well, God's in control....London often puts up " Decision made" before requesting your passport to put the shiny visa in.

The only complicated part was that as the sponsor im not living in canada with a place to live & a job. so i book a flight to go aug 20th & i emailed them that. i was about to write to them today with a copy of the flight itinerary to prove im going one way & my husband has return ticket. the job thing i was going to sort out when i got the kids into school.
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:33am
Just give it a few days....by the end of the week, your mind will be at rest. Lets think positive. It shall be well. You've given them all the proof they need.
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by KAMJIT KAMJIT wrote:

They can't refuse you without an interview. From your timeline you posted, you didn't say if you had an interview. if you didn't, it's a positive decision.

No we didnt have an interview. Thank you for that. Maybe it is good news after all. The reason i have so much fear as someone asked, is iv had a lot of bad luck over the last 2 years & for something good to happen would be fantastic.
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
Siouxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siouxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

The only complicated part was that as the sponsor im not living in canada with a place to live & a job. so i book a flight to go aug 20th & i emailed them that. i was about to write to them today with a copy of the flight itinerary to prove im going one way & my husband has return ticket. the job thing i was going to sort out when i got the kids into school.

Presumably you are a Canadian Citizen?  As long as you gave them proof of intent to return to Canada then that should have been ok. (if you are not a Canadian Citizen and only have PR status, you had to have been residing in Canada to be able to sponsor your husband).

This is only my opinion... CIC are a law unto themselves
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Siouxie Siouxie wrote:

Presumably you are a Canadian Citizen?  As long as you gave them proof of intent to return to Canada then that should have been ok. (if you are not a Canadian Citizen and only have PR status, you had to have been residing in Canada to be able to sponsor your husband).

My kids & I are canadian citizens. I emailed them to tell them i had one way flights booked for aug 20th for me & the kids. I was going to send in the proof today but they made the decision already.
London pushed it quicker for my kids to get their citizenship certs so they could start school in sept. The wait for the certs is 18 months, i emailed them asking for help & they pushed the Dublin office to get them for me. My only proof to return to canada was the travel Itinerary which i never got to send.
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
Siouxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siouxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:17pm

My kids & I are canadian citizens. I emailed them to tell them i had one way flights booked for aug 20th for me & the kids. I was going to send in the proof today but they made the decision already.
London pushed it quicker for my kids to get their citizenship certs so they could start school in sept. The wait for the certs is 18 months, i emailed them asking for help & they pushed the Dublin office to get them for me. My only proof to return to canada was the travel Itinerary which i never got to send.

That was good of London to do that!

As to proof - it's a requirement to show intent to return, such as a job offer or applications for jobs,  house rental or purchase or a letter from relatives confirming that they are aware of your intent to return and will provide you with support whilst you find accommodation (or that they are letting you live with them), acceptance into school -  stuff like that.  

and

Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one or more of the following:

letter from an employer;
letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.

Presumably you sent that?

They probably know of your intent to return by the fact you asked them to rush through the citizenship for the children so they can attend school in September though Smile

I would just chill and wait for the letter..

Smile
This is only my opinion... CIC are a law unto themselves
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by KAMJIT KAMJIT wrote:

They can't refuse you without an interview. From your timeline you posted, you didn't say if you had an interview. if you didn't, it's a positive decision.

This is not true - we were refused without an interview!  Typically they'll request an interview before they refuse someone for a marriage of convenience, but MOC is not the only reason they refuse applications. 

lg107 - "Decision Made" is just that - it could go either way, but if there were no "issues" associated with your application, you have every reason to expect a positive outcome.  They don't just arbitrarily refuse people for no reason at all - the refusal has to be supported by the Act/Regulations.  Also, some visa offices request the passport before they make a decision - but not all.  I don't think London is one of them.  I think normally the applicant receives the decision letter and if the PR has been approved that letter will give instructions on how to submit the passport to the embassy to get the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document - which is then taken to the Canadian port-of-entry (with the passport) and the "landing" interview takes place, after which the applicant is an official landed immigrant.

If they don't believe that you intend to re-settle in Canada, they can refuse the application based on that - but normally that doesn't just come out of the blue.  If you did not submit sufficient proof of your intent to return to Canada, they should have addressed that issue during processing and asked for additional evidences.  If they never asked for more proofs, it's probable that they were satisfied with what you included with the application.

Edited by RobsLuv - 06 Jul 2010 at 1:03pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:56pm
BREATHE!

My e-cas said decision made before they sent the e-mail asking for my passport. So it does change to decision made BEFORE you get the letter/e-mail. Immigration is just full of evil little teases like that. :P
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by audball audball wrote:

BREATHE!

My e-cas said decision made before they sent the e-mail asking for my passport. So it does change to decision made BEFORE you get the letter/e-mail. Immigration is just full of evil little teases like that. :P
Our eCAS changed to "Decision Made" about 10 days before we received the decision letter, so what audball says is true. 
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:17pm
Yeah, I was just lucky enough to be going through Buffalo, who send e-mails instead of snail mail.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic