Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my application for PR taking too long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cant get PR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my application for PR taking too long
    Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:47am
Hi everyone

I just joined this discussion forum and I have a question to ask. I hope I can get some help here.

I am a convention refugee in Canada and I have applied for PR but it has taken almost a decade. Yes, 10 long years and it's still in "process" and that's the response I get every time I call the call centre ("It's in process"). I have done my medical exams 3 or 4 times because they get expired and I have to do them again every once in a while. Medical exams expire, and then the background check / security check "expires" and by the time that is done, the medical exams expire again and it's a repeating cycle. At least that's what they told my MP when I contacted them through my MP's office.

I don't know what to do. I have been lazy too because I never really bothered much about it other than sending them letters after letters and faxes after faxes which didn't do much. They just ignore my letters and every once in a while they would ask me for a document or a form to be filled out. I submit the required documents and then they ignore me for another year or two before they ask me for something else.

I am really frustrated with this. I guess I am just "careless" or maybe emotionally strong. If it was anyone else, they would have gone crazy / suicidal.

What should I do? I haven't committed any crimes. I have never been charged with or convicted of any crime. I am much more civilized and educated than many people that Canada so happily grants citizenship to. I just don't understand why they are doing this to me and why they are just ignoring me.

I never really thought of joining a discussion board for this and asking someone even though I spent a lot of time on internet. Neither did I ever bother hiring a lawyer. Should I? I hope I get something positive out of this.
tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 10:52pm
dear
          thats really sad to hear but i would simply suggest that get the lawyer's opinion and that will help u for sure or marry some1 in canada to get it over.
best of luck
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 7:41pm

Sorry to hear your story and I hope positive things lie ahead. I agree with tiger, seek the advice of a lawyer who will best be able to guide you on your next steps. Wishing you the best!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic