Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Implied status and young professionals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Implied status and young professionals
    Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Hello all!

I am from Ireland and my i.e.c expires on the 7th of june and my p.r score will be 444 when the results of my world education equivalency test come back on the 30th of this month.

Problem is the next round of invites is usually around the 11th or 9th of june so i will miss it by a few days :(

So i was talking to a few of my friends and they said to apply for the b.o.w.p by mail as this takes 4 months to process and in that time i will have implied status and be able to continue at the job ive had for the last 19 months in the rockies. 

I am also eligible to apply for the young professionals visa and a few of my friends have recommended me to apply for this as well but i am confused as to why i should and not just get implied status and wait for my i.t.a for p.r.

One final subject is that i would like to go on holiday with my girlfriend from the 31st of may till the 6th of june as i have not had a vacation in the 2 years ive been here ! and understand that once you get implied status you cannot leave the country.

Would this put my implied status in jeopardy ? and should i send my b.o.w.p application when i return on the 6th of june like my friends advise me to do as late as possible or could i send it away before i leave for vacation.

I would appreciate any advice you kind folk could throw my way its quite hard to make sense of all this p.r nonsense ! :)
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:53pm
Hi

Originally posted by DFT DFT wrote:

Hello all!

I am from Ireland and my i.e.c expires on the 7th of june and my p.r score will be 444 when the results of my world education equivalency test come back on the 30th of this month.

Problem is the next round of invites is usually around the 11th or 9th of june so i will miss it by a few days :(

So i was talking to a few of my friends and they said to apply for the b.o.w.p by mail as this takes 4 months to process and in that time i will have implied status and be able to continue at the job ive had for the last 19 months in the rockies. 

I am also eligible to apply for the young professionals visa and a few of my friends have recommended me to apply for this as well but i am confused as to why i should and not just get implied status and wait for my i.t.a for p.r.

One final subject is that i would like to go on holiday with my girlfriend from the 31st of may till the 6th of june as i have not had a vacation in the 2 years ive been here ! and understand that once you get implied status you cannot leave the country.

Would this put my implied status in jeopardy ? and should i send my b.o.w.p application when i return on the 6th of june like my friends advise me to do as late as possible or could i send it away before i leave for vacation.

I would appreciate any advice you kind folk could throw my way its quite hard to make sense of all this p.r nonsense ! :)

1. Your friends are wrong.
2. You can't apply for a BOWP until you have received an Invitation to apply and submitted an application. You continue to work after your IEC expires, then you are working without authorization and may be subject to removal.
3. You can't continue to work when your IEC expires, as they are not extendable, so you will have to apply for an extension as a visitor until either you get a new IEC after applying in the pool, not a guarantee, 700+ invitations left for Ireland.
4. You can leave Canada once you apply for extension as a visitor (gives you implied status) but as you know, once you leave implied status ends, and you must be able to convince CBSA on your return that you are a genuine visitor.
PMM
DFT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:04pm
I have received a invitation to apply for the young professionals visa, when i apply for that can i then send a b.o.w.p so i can continue working ?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:43am
Hi

I have received a invitation to apply for the young professionals visa, when i apply for that can i then send a b.o.w.p so i can continue working ?

1. Again No, there is no Bridging work permits for anything other PR applicants who have submitted a PR application after receiving an ITA.
PMM
DFT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:18am
I have been talking to a worker from the temporary foreign workers support services and he has sent me the following email on my situation.

From my perspective, to be safe, I would suggest 2 things. Having said that, it is up to you what you will chose to do.

-          The first thing would be to go ahead with the IEC young professional work permit. I am suggesting for you to do this as a safety measure in case you do not get an invitation to apply for PR soon.

-          by the end of the month or even the beginning of June, before June 7th, submit an application for a BOWP by mail. By doing this you will have implied status as a worker and will be able to stay in Canada and continue working.

You need to meet certain criteria for the Bridging Open Work Permit, and you would not meet at least one of those criteria by June 7th. This is the requirement to have the email “Acknowledgement of Receipt” of your electronic PR application. But if you submit the Bridging Open Work Permit by mail, it will take about 3 to 4 months to be processed. This means that you will have about 3 to 4 more months to submit your electronic PR application in the Express Entry system, and receive the email “Acknowledgment of Receipt” from that PR application.

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:28am

Hi

I have been talking to a worker from the temporary foreign workers support services and he has sent me the following email on my situation.

<span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-size: 12.8px;">From my perspective, to be safe, I would suggest 2 things. Having said that, it is up to you what you will chose to do.</span><p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"> </span>

<p ="m_-2027229727666939581MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt 0.5in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; color: rgb34, 34, 34;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">-<span style="font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: "Times New Roman";">          </span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">The first thing would be to go ahead with the IEC young professional work permit. I am suggesting for you to do this as a safety measure in case you do not get an invitation to apply for PR soon.</span>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"> </span>

<p ="m_-2027229727666939581MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt 0.5in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; color: rgb34, 34, 34;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">-<span style="font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: "Times New Roman";">          </span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">by the end of the month or even the beginning of June, before June 7</span><sup style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">th<span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">, submit an application for a BOWP by mail. By doing this you will have implied status as a worker and will be able to stay in Canada and continue working.</span>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"> </span>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">You need to meet certain criteria for the Bridging Open Work Permit, and you would not meet at least one of those criteria by June 7th. This is the requirement to have the email “Acknowledgement of Receipt” of your electronic PR application. But if you submit the Bridging Open Work Permit by mail, it will take about 3 to 4 months to be processed. This means that you will have about 3 to 4 more months to submit your electronic PR application in the Express Entry system, and receive the email “Acknowledgment of Receipt” from that PR application.</span>

1. very bad advice since you haven't submitted an application and IRCC is not stupid, they will see the BOWP application is prior to your application for PR and will refuse. Since you will not have implied status as you are applying for something that you are not eligible to apply for at that point.
2. CBSA and IRCC takes a very dim view of illegal work.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic