Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PPR question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PPR question
    Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 2:56pm
Well, it seems we are almost there; light at the end of a very long tunnel (for those who don't know our case, it has taken some two years outland through CHC London). On receipt of the final requested document which is currently en route via Canada Post, the IO has intimated that 'instructions will be issued for passport submission for visa issuance'.

So my question, dear forum members, alongside a heartfelt thank you for all the various advice and sometime support along the way, is this:

What does the Outland visa office do with your passport in this final stage? I mean, why does it take the two to four week period for the turnaround?

Oh, and belated Happy Canada Day, which we spent at Granville Island here in Vancouver enjoying all the free jazz concerts. So fiercely proud to live here in Canada, this wonderful country where the multiculturalism model truly seems to work.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 3:35pm
While not all Visa Offices have the same procedure, it is my impression that for the London office the procedure is comparable to if not the same as the passport request for those offices (like Buffalo and other U.S. offices) in which that does indeed mean a "Decision has been made" and that decision is to indeed issue the visa, though actual affixing of the visa in the passport is still contingent on a review of the actual passport (and perhaps a final database check on the applicant . . . remembering that online criminal database checks are probably re-done at many stages, taking maybe one to three minutes or so) to confirm identity and such formalities. But this is strictly about formalities, and so is all but totally done. (The date my visa was issued, if I recall correctly, may have been the same date as the "Decision made" but in any event was dated well before I sent in my actual passport . . . though again, it still has to be affixed in the passport and delivered to the applicant before it is operative.)

The delay, the "two to four weeks," is the usual: queue time. A brief queue at that, compared to many queues in the bureaucratic labyrinthe of immigration processing.

Congrats and enjoy!
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 7:37pm
I agree with dpenabill about the procedure being mostly queue time. Buffalo gave me a waiting period of 15 days to have it put back in the mail. In actuality, the tracking number on the envelope became active 3 days after they received it. It depends on how many they have waiting to get visas issued, likely.

Congrats!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic