Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:02pm
It is annoying, but at the same time I just have to think about how lucky we are to see each other as much as we do. I am heading up there the last weekend in July. I work at a coffee shop here in Seattle and my boss is so cool with me taking off 4 days once a month to stay with Cory. I used to have a job here where it was almost impossible to take days off. One of the many reasons why I quit. When I interviewed for my current job I said I won't take the job if its going to cause problems if I want to take off for a while. :)
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:12pm
Wow its great to have such an understanding boss, they must be a family person Smile We are both lucky..I had to go home to England for 6 months a few years ago and it was so hard to be 4,000 miles apart..but some couples seem to get through years apart and I really dont know how they do it!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
ojasvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojasvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 5:54pm
Even I am lucky in that stream. My boss gave me 5 weeks off in december  and another 5 weeks in May. Whenever he sees me sad, he goes "take couple of weeks off". God bless these guys who understand the pain.

I am happy to be a part of this discussion forum.
Vaga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 3:53pm

Hello everybody,

want to join your thread.
Here is my data.
Married 30/4/10
Medicals 14/6/10
App received by CPC-M 28/06/10
Outland: Kiev, Ukraine
waiting...

I had read your posts about many worries: thinking and re-writing each question in the forms, huge folders of supporting documens, etc.
I can say that I went exactly the same way during my application prepration (I am a sponsor). Even during next few days after I mailed it to CRC-M, I was still thinking about "Did I do (write) everything right or not?"
We are only two months apart, but it is annoying.

Question: (if)after my sponsorship application is approved and file mailed to Ukraine, is it good or bad idea for my wife to apply for a guest visa (Ukrainian citizen required to have visa)?

The reason I am asking this is according to statistics Kiev office is the slowest in Europe, so we can't expect to get immigration visa in two-three months
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 8:27pm
She can try

But typically visitor visas aren't approved for people with PR apps in process. They just don't think the person will leave if they have shown intent to stay in the country permanently
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:39pm
So random question here. When my passport gets requested and I have to send it off, can I still enter Canada with my passport card from the states? I know that it takes some time to get your passport back, and I still want to be able to visit my husband while they have it. 
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
Christorey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:35pm
Hi there, i just sent in my application today so i guess that makes me a july applicant. It should be arriving in about 4 days and then its just waiting to see. how do they let you know if you are approved to be a sponsor? Via email?
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:13pm
Christorey: You will get a letter from CPC-M via snail mail...Takes about 4-6 weeks before you receive it
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
Christorey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:30pm
OK, thats a long time to wait. probably better to check it via the CIC website then I guess.
Married April 30 2010
Outland Application sent July 26
Application Received 5 Aug.
Sponsor Approved 03 Sept.
App In process London Sept 21.
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14
ojasvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojasvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:39pm
We are in the same boat. I mailed my application on 22nd June, reached CPC on 25th June. haven't heard anything from them yet. they are still processing app received on 18th June.

Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>
  Share Topic