Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:54am
joe: if you applying as common law you must be able to prove at least 365 days of cohabitation and a conjugal relationship. The link Brit posted is an excellent start to what you can use to prove this.

minku: Educational background is one way they determine compatiability. It the IO doubts the info provided they may request proof either by mail, email scan or at an interview.
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
ojasvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojasvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:36pm
Hello People,

This is my first post in the forum. Wanted to share my timelines with you guys.

Met my spouse for the first time - 24 Dec, 2009
Got engaged - 27 Dec, 2009
Got Married   - 16 May, 2010
Mailed app to CPC-M - 22 June, 2010
CPC-M recd app - 25 June 2010
Waiting waiting waiting....

joewirth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joewirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:48am
Hi everybody,
thank you so much for a warm welcome. I hope that all will work out. 

@britincanada: 
thanx for that long reply. I'm in Germany right now, but am applying for a new work permit.  I do have several documents that point to our shared home, including my drivers licence. My Bank statement is an E-document, so I don't have any papers from my bank.

I regret not having opened a shared bank account last year, when I first started working in Canada. We did all our bills at the end of the month without a shared bank account. If we open one now that wouldn't really help. 

I will try to get on to her insurance policy, but I think you have to be a PR in order to be on a Canadian health insurance, right?

As to Inland vs. Outland. You surprised me there. I thought it would take 7 months for the whole PR thing and not 7 months to get the sponsor approved. Wouldn't an Inland application seem more sincere to an Immigration official, cause I mean in an Outland application they wouldn't really know where I am during the process of the PR application, right?!

To have the right to appeal seems to be a good thing, especially after reading a lot of posts here about people and their problems... I don't know. I often feel overwhelmed with this whole process.

Just read today that people get notarized Statutory Declarations made, even though I couldn't find that anywhere as a requirement in the In or Outland application. It isn't even mentioned on the Checklist.

I have my family and friends write up letters about how and when they met us and how they feel my partners and mine relationship... what should I call these? I had a friend who called them statutory declaration, but are those the same and what letters should get notarized?

If I wasn't as crazy in love as I am, I would already have stopped this whole process and would have gone home some time ago.

I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Maybe one last question. Do I still need my own health insurance when I have the open work permit?

Thanks. 
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 12:14pm
joe:
It will not hurt to open a joint account.
As for health insurance, you would have to contact the company (assuming its other than provincial). My bf is covered with my work's benefits as we are commonlaw.
Outland vs Inland...lol if that were true then wouldn't all outland applications be denied?
2 Stat declarations are required for Commonlaw applications. Other people have included them as additional proof, some just letters with the author's contact information.

Yup it can be alot of work but it's worth it! (Could do without all the waiting though)

Good luck. Oh and if you start a new thread with questions, they may get more responses....just a suggestion.
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
So I am officially part of this thread as of 20 minutes ago when I mailed my application! I have never felt so much relief and panic all at the same time. It is such a load off my mind to send this off and I can stop obsessing over every little question and detail! But now my head is spinning with did I include enough? Did I paint them a good enough picture of our relationship? My plan is to have a beer to celebrate, kick up my feet and relax!
I can't express how helpful this forum has been. I have pretty much stayed as a lurker since most of us had the same questions, but it is still this great community and we can be supportive of one another. 

Big smile

-Megen
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:04pm
Congrats! I'm hoping for a speedy and positive decision for you, megen.

joewirth, inland takes longer because they figure the people are already together. Outland has a focus on reuniting people so they go faster
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:23pm
Congrats Megen..try not to worry too much..I know easier said than done! If you have forgotten anything CIC will let you know!! And if they dont quite believe your relationship they will ask for additional proof..so just sit back and wait..should be 4-5 weeks until you about the sponsorship..are you the applicant or the sponsor? 

Edited by britincanada - 14 Jul 2010 at 9:27pm
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by ojasvi ojasvi wrote:

Hello People,

This is my first post in the forum. Wanted to share my timelines with you guys.

Met my spouse for the first time - 24 Dec, 2009
Got engaged - 27 Dec, 2009
Got Married   - 16 May, 2010
Mailed app to CPC-M - 22 June, 2010
CPC-M recd app - 25 June 2010
Waiting waiting waiting....

Welcome to this forum and congrats on sending your application to CPC-M
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:16pm
I'm the applicant. My husband I think is freaking out more than I am! Now that I have been sitting here for a couple of hours I am more relaxed and happy to not see that big stack of papers every day on my desk. I hid the copy of the application in a box in the closet :) 
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:23pm
I am the applicant too and was so glad to be rid of it..I found the longer I had it the more I obsessed over making sure everything was perfect in it and put things in and took things out..now I can only add stuff when needed..if needed! Smile I did feel like I had lost something for a few weeks though as I had spent so much time on it..and then thought Now what?? LOL 
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
  Share Topic