Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:50pm
mine was 1 day shy of 3 weeks. I think two seems to be the average for London.
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:57pm
saya, wonder how long they take after that on an average file? I got another aor  letter today from cic-m for our rprf. so london must've been notified by now. wonder what happens next? 
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

saya, wonder how long they take after that on an average file? I got another aor  letter today from cic-m for our rprf. so london must've been notified by now. wonder what happens next? 

Well they say 2-8 months but lately some people have been reporting a ppr after 2 weeks of "in process". So jealous! Good news that they've given you a aor. Hopefully shouldn't be much longer as they wouldn't request the fee if they weren't close to approving. At least that what I get from other posters. If anything it would just be med reviews and background checks. Sorry don't remember but did you get your ppr?
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:08pm
Saya, they have the medicals & police reports, now they have the rprf. But we havent been asked for the ppr yet. Oh God i wish they would ask for ppr soon. We're leaving on aug. 20th for canada & my husband was going to come with us on a visitors permit, paid €560, but then we decided it would be best if he came back after 2 weeks cas he cant work over there & we were thinking what if they sent the ppr while we're away. So the wait goes on & on..
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:23pm
That last post of mine makes it sound like we paid €560 for a visitors permit. Thats not what i meant, paid €560 for the flight for his 2 months stay but then changed the ticket today to a 2 week stay so had to pay another €250 to change the return date on the ticket. We decided he should come back after 2 weeks just incase he gets the ppr while we're away. Embarrassed
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 9:17pm
I hope your Husband gets PPR soon so that you can enjoy your time together in Canada and not worry that it will be sat in your mail box in Ireland waiting for Him the whole time! 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:32am
Originally posted by britincanada britincanada wrote:

I hope your Husband gets PPR soon so that you can enjoy your time together in Canada and not worry that it will be sat in your mail box in Ireland waiting for Him the whole time! 

Decision has been made now, no more I can do but wait to see what that decision is. Hope to God its the right decision.
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
joewirth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joewirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 5:10am
Hello Hello! :)

This is my first post here! I just found your forum today and am impressed with all the help and support people are giving to each other.

I'm from Germany and my partner is Canadian. We want to apply for Family Class Common Law INLAND.

We've been living together for a year now (even though we can't prove that, since all the bills are still on her name), so I have to rely on testimonials of friends and coworkers and my Canadian Drivers Licence on that address. Is that enough?

I want to apply for PR in August, but I don't have a new work permit yet, which is why I am in Germany right now. 

Some people have mentioned that OUTLAND applications get processed faster sometimes. I also read about the Open Work Permit Option that can be issued with the PR Application. Does it always take about 5 monts to get to that stage or could I use that option to work in Canada again in lets say September 2010?

I really feel worried that they won't accept our relationship as a common law relationship, even though we've been conjugal partners now for the last 3 years. I also have lots of pictures, but I just read today that one is not allowed to put those in an album...? How did you present your pictures to CIC?

I'm sure more questions will come up soon. Should I use this thread for future questions or open my own thread?

Thank you so much for having me. I hope this all will work out.

britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:55am
Joewirth: Welcome, this forum is great and like a family in a way..every one is so helpful and supportive you have definitely come to the right forum if you want some good advice Smile

Do you have any of your own bills/Bank Statements in your name at your partners address?? There is an Operations Manual you can read it will give you a good idea of what the Immigration Officer is looking for from an applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf 

The trouble with Inland application is not only the length of time it takes to process the application 18 months + you also dont have right of appeal if you get denied PR! You also cant leave Canada during the PR process it will make your application void... it takes 6-7 months to process sponsors application and another 10 - 12 months to process applicants application! The Open Work permit is only Issued after the Sponsor has been approved around 7 months after applying.

With outland it takes 1 month to process sponsors application, 1 month to open Applicants Application and assign to an Immigration Officer in Berlin...then a father 4 - 16 months for processing. During this time you can leave Canada and come back with out harming your application..if you are denied PR you have right to appeal the decision..you can be in Canada on a work Visa for the duration of the process! 

Its personal preference as to which route you take..I was going to apply inland but then changed my mind and applied outland as I am here in Canada as a visitor and can't work..

The Open Work permit is only Issued after the Sponsor has been approved around 7 months after applying. So if you apply in August you are looking at March 2011. Your best cause of Action is to come back in on a Work Permit..then open a joint bank account together so show combined funds..you can use your work permit as proof of Id to open the account..its always best to have as much combined things as possible whether applying common-law or married..

Another good thing to do is if your girlfriend can add you to her insurance policy as a Beneficiary..Nobody in their right mind would do that if it wasnt a real relationship!!

As for your pictures what I did was make an index with the photo number down the side and a description of who is in the photo, where it was taken and when it was taken..next I numbered the photos on the back an stuck on a pre-printed label with the same information..

I am happy to answer any questions you have and if I cant answer them I am sure somebody else can..feel free to post on this thread and create your own if you wish...I hope my answer is of some help to you...

Happy reading..and good luck..hope to see you posting on here again! Smile

App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
minku9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minku9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:14am
Does anyone know a case of IF they can or have asked person being sponsored their educational credentials???  I.e. Proof of degree, diploma etc?? I would think that this is irrelevant for spousal sponsorship??

Please any input!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
  Share Topic