Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnjbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 10:00am
Just an update -
Sent in application on October 13, 2010. It was mailed back to my wife in Toronto. Apparently we missed a signature point on one of the forms and needed to sign it. We are sending it back this weekend as soon as I go there and sign it.

We have an Id number and an officer who is assigned to our case. She called and talked to them. We go back to the bottom of the pile now and the estimated time for processing in Buffalo is now 11 months?

So now we send our application back in and wait a month for the Mississauga processing and then another 11 months for the Buffalo processing. That seems a bit ridiculous for a move that is an hour and a half away. I was under the impression that the spousal process was quicker.

The person my wife talked to did say that I could just come there and live with her but I could not work until approved. She said I wouldn't need a visitor pass or anything (her words).
Just not sure what to do since we are not really that far away and I wouldn't want to go that long without working.
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by dpausuri dpausuri wrote:

Yeah heah... I finally got the request from Buffalo for my passport and 3 recent pictures. Now shall I assume that all the processing is complete and I should be receiving my paperwork soon?? Will Buffalo mail my passport back to Canada or shall I give my USA address?? Can they request for interview after receiving the passport?? Thanks

What you can do is send a pre-paid return envelope with your address on it. They will put your passport along with the COPR in it and send it your way :)
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 11:01am
jnjbc,

The new time lines confuse me as well. When I was going through it the time lines were broken down into percent of cases. I managed to fall in the 30% of cases that were processed the fastest. I was just traveling once to twice a month visiting my husband who was only about a 3 hour drive away, thats why I didn't move up to Vancouver during the process because I did not not want to work. I am still looking for a job after 3 weeks of being here, and am bored out of my mind! :)

Hopefully yours will get processed quickly if its a straight forward case without any unusual circumstances. Keep us updated! :)
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
jnjbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnjbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 11:09am
Good Luck finding work Megen -

About the time lines, sometimes I think they just roll a set of die and come up with a number. As I said though, no worries. The distance is not a big deal. A little over an hour each way depending on traffic ... not to mention video calls !!!

dpausuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpausuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:32pm
What is COPR!! Will there be an actual stamp in my passport or what? 
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:49pm
COPR is Confirmation of Permanent Residency. What they will do is put a one time entry visa into your passport. They will also send the COPR back with your passport. You need both of those when you land. 
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
tdolphin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 4:17am
Allow me to add that a copy of the COPR is required when you apply for citizenship after 1095 days of residence.

regards,
tdolphin
DJ_TO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:44pm
Hey shorttalk,

The average processing times are truly a guessing game, and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to guess when you might get approval. The Buffalo part of our application was started on August 19, 2010 and we're still waiting, despite early on a request from Mississauga for the RPR Fee. We thought we were almost done, but our immigration lawyer thinks it might take to spring 2011, even though Buffalo has had everything for a few months. 

We, too, thought the average processing times seemed ridiculously long considering how straightforward and well-documented our application was, but there are so many external factors happening that are beyond your control, it seems impossible to guess when you might get the go-ahead.

My advice (which I admit is even hard for me to follow) is try not to think about it, or check too often - it will just make the time feel even longer. The snail's pace of bureaucracy is maddening, but there's nothing you can really do. 

Hang in there and enjoy the moment when it happens. As people who've sponsored a spouse and been approved tell me, once you're finally together this entire process soon feels like a distant memory. (I pep talk myself with this all of the time.) 

Hang in there!
App received by CPC-M April 22/10
Sponsorship approved June 23/10
Processing in Buffalo Aug. 19/10
RPRF requested Sept. 24/10
RPRF received Oct. 5/10
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 8:47pm
Hey everyone! Thought I would share that I got my PR card in the mail today. The officer at the border told me it would be almost 3 months, but I got it 5 weeks after landing. 
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
DJ_TO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 8:56pm
Wow! Congrats! 

I almost hate to use your case as a benchmark for ours because yours seemed to have happened unusually fast. We're still (not so) patiently waiting... and waiting. It will have been opened in Buffalo four months on December 19th. Here's hoping there's movement early in the new year.
App received by CPC-M April 22/10
Sponsorship approved June 23/10
Processing in Buffalo Aug. 19/10
RPRF requested Sept. 24/10
RPRF received Oct. 5/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
  Share Topic