Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 27>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 1:59pm
Congrats tdolphin!!! Good thing your wife checked her spam folder!

DJ_TO I think your ppr should come soon :)
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
DJ_TO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:25pm
Okay, here's where I'm a bit clueless - what happens next? What is a PPR? From what I'm assuming the CIC requests my partner's passport, they affix a residency card to it, send it back, he then crosses the border with it and has it stamped? Is that considered landed? 

Thanks! Sorry for not being able to keep up with the acronyms! 
App received by CPC-M April 22/10
Sponsorship approved June 23/10
Processing in Buffalo Aug. 19/10
RPRF requested Sept. 24/10
RPRF received Oct. 5/10
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:50pm
DJ_TO
PPR means Passport Request. Buffalo will e-mail your partner (at least thats what Buffalo did with me) requesting that they send their passport to Buffalo. Once the passport is there, the immigration officer will put a visa in the passport and send a COPR which is a Confirmation of Permanent Residency and send it back to him. He will then go the border (either driving to a border or flying into an Airport in Canada). The immigration officer there will go through a series of questions (very standard) and have him sign some papers. Then he will be welcomed to Canada. The Permanent Residency card will be sent at a later date to the address in Canada that you will be living. 
There are some other posts here in the forum describing others landing processes. I will be landing on Friday morning so sometime Saturday I will try and post a detail of my landing in British Columbia. :)

I hope this helped!
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
DJ_TO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm
Absolutely helpful! Great information, thank you! Congrats on landing and good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. 

I think when we saw that the RPRF had been requested, and all of the information was there in Buffalo, we'd see the "Decision Made" status appear online that following Tuesday. But it's been a few Tuesdays since then and we were wondering if we were back to it being a 4-10 month process and we got excited for nothing.
App received by CPC-M April 22/10
Sponsorship approved June 23/10
Processing in Buffalo Aug. 19/10
RPRF requested Sept. 24/10
RPRF received Oct. 5/10
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:07pm
Hopefully it will come soon :)
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
dpausuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpausuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:09pm
Finally I get an email from Buffalo saying:

Dear Applicant: 

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional Programme Centre (RPC) and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Quote this number when corresponding with our office.

Click here for additional information.

Immigration Regional Program Center
HSBC CenterBuffaloNY 14203

Does this mean that Buffalo is processing my file?? there was a whole confusion about whether I can apply from Buffalo or will the file be transferred to Delhi?? 

ojasvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojasvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 5:44pm
Hey Everyone,

Good News......my wife arrived last sunday.

In all our process took just over 3 months. I would be sending my time lines shortly.

Best of luck to everyone.
Ojasvi
mohammedessam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:33pm
Hi
Damascus office has sent a residency questioner to my wife on October 17
She replied with all the nessary documents on Oct 27
Let's see how long more it will take them to finish this application
Regards
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 10:38am
dpaursuri,

I think Buffalo is going to be taking care of your file they they created a number for you, but I can't be sure on that!
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 10:50am
My landing at Peace Arch on Friday the 29th!

My sister and I loaded up our rental SUV with my belongings on Thursday afternoon and around 6:00 am Friday morning we departed Seattle.
We got to Peace Arch at 8:18 AM, and by 8:25 we pulled up to the booth. I informed the IO there that was I landing today and that my sister was with me to help me move. He asked me for my COPR, PP, and my sister's PP. He then asked me if I had any firearms (no), tobacco (no), any money valued at $10,000 Canadian or greater (no), or if I was importing a vehicle (no). He then gave me a yellow sheet and told me to park in the spots on the left hand side and to go directly into the building with all of my paperwork. 
After parking we went into the building and an IO called us over. He talked very briefly with my sister about why she was coming to Canada. Then he asked her to take a seat. He asked me questions confirming what was on my COPR. (Where I was born, if I was married, have I ever been refused entry into Canada or asked to leave). I initialed where he asked me to then signed the bottom of the COPR. He asked for my goods list and he saw I had already filled out the B4 form. He then told me to take a seat while he does "his checks" (his wording). My sister and I were waiting for about 10 minutes then we heard some sort of alarm noise. About 3 IOs (including mine) bolted out the door as fast as they could! After about 15 minutes they came back inside with an older couple. (come to find out later they were supposed to park to have their car searched, but didn't understand and just kept driving! They didn't speak english very well and seem confused. I felt bad for them :( )
About 5 more minutes later he called me over to the desk and welcomed me to Canada!! He then told me that PR cards are on a backlog so not to expect it for at least 3 months! Good thing I don't have to fly anywhere!
My sister and I got back into the SUV at 9:08! If it weren't for the mishap with the older couple we could have been out sooner, but thats OK. 
I am now a PR and so excited. Me and my Husband's new apartment is a mess! We had to move myself and him into it yesterday! When my sister left last night it was very sad (we have only been separated for two years out of my 24 years I have been on this earth). But I am so happy to finally be back in Vancouver with my husband :)
Good luck to everyone and I hope this post about landing gives some insight on what to expect.

Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 27>
  Share Topic