Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June/July/August applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jnjbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnjbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June/July/August applicants
    Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:17pm
Went to the Buffalo visa office at 8am (it actually opens at 7:30 on Tuesday and Thursday).
I was under the impression that I was just dropping off my passport and coming back to get it. They took it and told me to wait in the waiting room. There were a lot of people waiting.

It took nearly two hours of waiting but I was finally called and had my visa and can "land" before end of July. I'll just land this Friday when I go over normally. It basically just to make it official but I am working in Buffalo until middle of June.
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:01pm
Congrats!!!

I woud suggest a Nexus Pass as well. I had mine for driving between Seattle and Vancouver. Such a time saver since I used to go up Friday afternoons and come back Monday or Tuesday mornings once a month. Especially on Holiday weekends when both Husband and I have the long weekend off. Its a fairly simple process to get one as well. My sister got one after I moved to Vancouver so her visits from Seattle are less of a hassle and it only took a couple of weeks.
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
jnjbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnjbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:47pm
Request for passport was received last week. I can mail it in or take it directly to the office in Buffalo. I will do that since I live there. The website says that if I take it between 8am and 10am(from what I remember reading) that I may get it back the same day.
I'm assuming that I will also get COPR that day as well?

Tomorrow is Tuesday so I guess I will find out by then.

Here is the timeline (some dates are estimated since I forgot to mark them all down)

Spousal Outland Buffalo
Application Received : October 15, 2010

Early November: Alerted that a signature was missing in our form. The packet was sent back and we signed and sent again.

Sponsor Approved : November 26, 2010
Decision Made : April 27, 2011

Taking passport to Buffalo office Tuesday May 10, 2011.

The distance has been Buffalo - Toronto so every weekend I have been going there. Each time I would go I would bring small amounts of my stuff so I will have a very short list of items being landed with me. Basically just clothes and a few odds and ends here and there. No big deal. I'm still working in Buffalo for another month or so as well.

If you are in a situation where it is close and you are driving while waiting, I would suggest a nexus pass. It made the wait times at the border disappear and I never had a problem or more than 2 quick questions going over. And the questions were typically - "anything to declare" .... "have a nice day".
There were sometimes where I was not even asked a question and just told to go.

DJ_TO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:41pm
An update to our application! On April 20, 2011 we received the passport request for visa issuance. My spouse's passport and photos have been with Buffalo for just over a week. He "lands" in Toronto on May 28th. For good!

As a cautionary tale, a month ago our mood was much, much worse. After hearing so many stories on here about how fast well documented US applications were moving through, and how we had received the RPRF way back in October, I finally asked our lawyer to send an email to Buffalo, even though we were only at six months and they do state not to contact them until 11 months have passed, asking if there were any updates to our application.

What we got back from our lawyer shocked us. Apparently Immigration had sent a request for my spouse's New Jersey state police certificate (you don't provide them unless requested) and the interview waiver on SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2010. 

What is truly infuriating is that this request was never received by our lawyer or my spouse. When we asked Immigration Canada to provide us with a copy of the letter to see where it had been sent, they never responded. When our lawyer asked if there were any other outstanding documents needed to complete the application, we heard nothing. Essentially, our file sat dormant for FIVE MONTHS, and would have sat dormant the entire 11 months until we could have enquired about our file if I had not been insistent. 

Luckily NJ turns police certificates around within 2 weeks and within a month we had the certificate to Buffalo. Our application was approved a few weeks later. 

It bothers me that our application could have been approved within just a few months of submitting had we known this had been requested. This to me is what's wrong with the Canadian immigration system - NO transparency. The email stating the police certificates had been requested was anonymous. No one responded when we asked for a copy of it. 

If the Web site where you can "track" your application (what a joke that is) actually was effective, we could have gone on and seen that this had been requested of us. The entire system needs a serious overhaul.  

BUT, we're approved and he arrives just as spring warms up. For a Texan, that's probably the best thing for him anyway. We're very excited. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! You will truly relish the moment it's all behind you. It feels wonderful.
App received by CPC-M April 22/10
Sponsorship approved June 23/10
Processing in Buffalo Aug. 19/10
RPRF requested Sept. 24/10
RPRF received Oct. 5/10
michelecanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelecanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:51am
Have you any news?  My application was received in Havana April 1. 2011 
love to hear your story ?

Michele Canada
michelecanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelecanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:49am
Have you any news yet ??  My application was received April 1 , 2011 .. 
I would like to hear your experience ?

Michele Canada
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 1:52am
Thanks Brit,
good to know. we are waiting for my passport with visa to get back form Paris office.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 2:19pm
Gulata: My passport came back registered mail via Canada Post, I had to sign for it..I was lucky as I was just about to take my daughter to school when I saw the mail van! Would have sucked if I had to go pick it up from the post office knowing what was in the package!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 12:39pm
Hi Brit,

could you please let me know how you got your passport back? did it come registered post? if yes, did you have to sign when the post man came with your passport or they just droped it in your mail box? thank you
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 10:54am
Christorey did you land yet? What happened with your passport? It took 3 weeks in total for my passport to get to London, processed and arrive back from London! 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic