Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti7oo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport
    Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 1:32am
Hello,

I would like to konw why they need the passport when picking up the new PR card ? Is it to check the ID or to check my travel dates ? The reason of my question is : if they will check my travel dates, I should show them my old passport too, isn't it ?
Suraya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 3:33pm
officer will  check all your passports
Suraya
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:51am

It is very important that the name on the passport and PR card should be the same (the photo on the passport should be the likeness of the one on the PR card) - otherwise the PR card will be invalid. Additionally it helps verifying the identity of the person picking up the PR card with the help of other photo ID's you may present. You don't want anybody else posing as you to pick up the card without your knowledge.

Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:53am
Read the notice that you get from CIC informing you how to pick your PR card. If it says to bring "all passports, current and expired" then that means they may want to see your travel dates. If it just says "current passport", then just bring only that.

Edited by Beaver - 30 Jun 2010 at 9:54am
ti7oo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti7oo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 1:22am
Thanks a lot for your help guys. This has been very informative.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic