Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CANADA - A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaugaSwaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 4:59am
each area has a diff job market so what worked for you doesnt mean it will work for him.
Sauga
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 10:02am

Come on guys! This article was not mine, I just read it in a 2005 forum and I got interested in it so I decided to post it so that it can make us forget this log wait. Here is another guys who complained in 2005 and decided to call it a quit too. People are not serious. Read this story and comment.

Canuck
Why Ghulam Rasool, New Immigrant To Canada, Is Calling It Quits! (in reply to: New immigrants to Canada, calling it quits.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why Ghulam Rasool, New Immigrant To Canada, Is Calling It Quits!
By Binoy Thomas

The following is a gut-wrenching story of how the dreams of one immigrant to Canada came to naught. Ghulam Rasool is a Mechanical Engineer (1976) with M. E. in Production (1979) and Industrial Engineering (1980) from India with immediate family on both sides of the border. Before he migrated to Canada, induced by the promises held forth by Canada´s immigration policy, he had picked up years of experience in machine building industry.

He recently contacted us with his story that he wanted to tell the people through Voice. It was a sort of a last minute ´gift´ to thousands of others who suffer silently, having been denied in similar fashion opportunity that they sought in Canada.

When I received his email, I wanted to meet with him not just to empathize with him, but also offer my congratulations on a bold decision that many stay away from - to talk about it openly without shame or fear. Ghulam Rasool is going back home, most probably to Mumbai, and by the time you read his account of his five years in Canada, he will be thousands of miles away, the land that he once held dear. He and his family left town on May 14.

He wrote to Voice: "I may not be able to access my mail anymore now. There is not time left for me. My phone is gone and I am in a basement living on Bread and Water literally, but waiting for the next three days to go by so that 14th dawns. Thanks for taking interest in my case. I am aware of you doing a lot for bettering the lot of immigrants. I would like you to somehow reach this to the Prime Minister and compel him to reply in the Newspapers. As a media you have done well, but probably there are no takers. Good luck to you all. My best wishes for you to prosper here in Canada. Insha Allah, should conditions improve, it will be good for all. The only advantage of Canada is its very little population. But the narrow mind does more harm!" I can certainly bring Rasool´s story to you the people, but the Prime Minister? Right now it just might be a tad inconvenient for Martin to be reading the sad tale of a single immigrant!

We all know that Rasool´s case is not unique or rare. Among the immigrant community, especially those who come with decent skill sets and qualifications, frustration is building up. Something is drastically wrong with Canada´s immigration system. At least for the qualified immigrant, this is proving to be a passport to wilderness. Rasool says that he knows of other families who have quietly decided to move back or go to other destinations to survive. Ghulam Rasool says he realized how it´s to live a nightmare. Many in our country, (that include politicians and bureaucrats and of course, those power brokers such as the regulatory bodies and the unions, are either unaware or reluctant to admit this deplorable state). Mercifully, there is some real authoritative statistics coming out of such independent bodies like the Conference Board of Canada on how this country wastes immigrant talent.

Rasool says, "Many articles have been written before. Nothing will come out of this as well, but please try and reach this to as many people as possible." While we wish Rasool and his family the very best in his old/new homeland, here´s his account of the great Canadian dream gone bad. It would be an understatement to say he is critical of Canada, but when you have seen your whole life unraveling before you, thanks to a system that´s exclusionary, then who are we to nit-pick? The least we can do is to let him blow his steam, hoping that someone somewhere would be moved by yet one more story to do something about it.

Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 10:33am
To the OP:

You came here with a lot of money - and from what you stated, your wife has teaching experience.  Knowing that starting over in a new country is going to take time, I wonder why she did not take the opportunity to upgrade her education, allowing her to get a decent job in Canada as a teacher?

You mention very little of your actual experience in technology, so it is difficult to assess why you were having such trouble finding work in Canada.  Our governement positions in high tech require that you have 2 years of university, and for a lot of them you must also be bilingual (english/french).  It's tough for Canadians to get a job in the government, so I can imagine it's even tougher for immigrants.  Note that the Canadian government generally hires Canadian citizens before permanent residents.  That is their policy - and they adhere to it religiously.  If there are 2 candidates equally qualified, one is a citizen and one is a PR, the citizen gets the job.  Private industry isn't as rigid.

Also - you need to consider what your previous job was, and if or how it aligns to similar jobs in Canada.  Did you take the time to upgrade your skills in order to make yourself more in line with the requirements for the career you were really wanting?

I find it sad that you have spent five years only to reach the point of having to leave this great country.  I am not familiar with the resources available to new immigrants, but if they were not enough to assist you in your adjustment to the Canadian way of life, I am sorry for you, and disappointed that your view of Canada is tainted.

It shouldn't come to this, ever.

Please post what your education and experience are - so that others looking for a career in a similar field will gain insight from your trials and tribulations, and hopefully avoid any pitfalls along the way.

Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
dacobru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dacobru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:49am
Ohhh... Poor Ben2009, but don't worry, if you effort, you will succeed.
Things don't come easy, Just don't give up and try to work harder.
We understand you Ben2009 LOL
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:51am

decobru, this article is not mine please. I read it somewhere and posted it dont relate it to me. I am ok and happy here lol

Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:57am
ROFL! LOL

Maybe you should edit the original post with an introduction to minimize confusion, Ben.

Originally posted by Ben2009 Ben2009 wrote:

decobru, this article is not mine please. I read it somewhere and posted it dont relate it to me. I am ok and happy here lol

dacobru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dacobru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:14pm

ohh. no the denial stage.... things are not good,

Yea I know this is not yours, Big smile 

Well I believe that everybody can build whatever they want.

I came 4 years ago, and started working in a factory making 9.50 per hour; there, I met other immigrants; some with PhD and other higher qualifications. They already were there for a couple of years. When I asked them Why there were there for so long; they said that they don't want to take any responsibility in their roles, they want an easy life.

Now after four years, I am working in my profession, making good money, already bought my house and have stable live, but the other immigrants which I still have contact with. They keep working in the same factory making a fantastic 13 $/hr, and complaining about life.

Well, I believe everybody build their own destiny, and need to accept what they do.

iwannabecanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwannabecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 2:16pm
I landed a job in my profession within 3 months (IT).  I have been working in my profession since then (different employers).  All this without "Canadian" training/education.  I feel I don't get paid as much as someone who has the "Canadian" training/education but that is something I could change really easilly by getting further training here.  This is someting I intend to do at my own liesure... no rush.  I guess part of this is just a matter of research before coming over and keeping an open, positive and realistic outlook.  I came here NOT EXPECTING to work in my profession.  I was ready to get any kind of work and considered the possibility that I will not again be able to work in IT.  I was willing to do this of course and that is why I came.  I agree though with the part where the prospective immigrant is misled by these consultants and even the canadian government. when planning to do something majore (like buying a car, house... immigrating)  do your homework before commiting yourself.
sweetnovember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnovember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:50pm
Guys...the article is not his personal story. OP please edit the subject and post.

Lina_Mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina_Mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:08pm
I can’t stand this melancholically spread out attitudes. Is the situation any better overseas, under seas, above seas, anywhere in the world??? Why not mentioning the absence of human rights in our countries, countries of origin where there is no dignity, where you get robbed by authorities and won’t dare to say a bit, where jobs are being gotten through bribery, toady and bootlick! Where the prices are going higher and people poorer, Where you spend all you have in case you need a hospital, and no guarantee the doctor will care about your life more than your money, where you can’t stop thinking a millisecond about the future of your children, education is poor, teachers are in lack of conscience and common sense when it comes to how to treat children, slapping, hitting and kicking, is that what we want our children to be in? No democracy, dictatorial governments and if you say one word you’ll get lost. Why my decedents should face all this garbage life. In two years we got a CBTax as much as the money we brought to Canada. Just be thankful Ghulam Rassol and stop complaining, or you can get back to your country and leave a space for someone else.
Applied and acknowledgment letter July 2008 transferred to Mississauga March 2009 test July 2009,RQ July 2009 Quality assurance interview with immigration official June 2010 Oath first week July 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic